WE HAVE MOUNTAIN LION IN NEWBURGH AND PROOF

cynthiafu

I was asking you for proof.............don't get your panties in a bunch, and just a newspaper article isn't gonna prove anything, if they weren't writing about a occurance that's based in fact.......

why? because peope see "things" over and over again, that when they do get "proof" it turns out its someones tabby cat, Ive even heard of either golden retrievers or might have been a yellow lab reported as a cougar.

• Like 1

I wear boxers, but thanks for noticing they were twisted! Seriously though I have no doubt that it was a mountain lion. No I don't have a photo. I was driving with my neighbor over Raefield Farm Rd in East Greenwich NY to Argyle to tow his car back to his house. It crossed the road almost with a single bound. On a another occasion I saw it in almost the same exact spot. Both times it was haulin' ass. There haven't been sightings in years and I doubt that I will ever see one in the wild agan. Whether it escaped from somewhere or it was "passing through" I don't know, a ton of people saw it.

Edited by BUCKANDAQUARTER

I have heard there were photos that were given to DEC by a landowner on that road, but that could be BS.

Also just found an article on another forum where someone from town reported seeing one.

They gave them all prints, negatives and e copies?

I got that info second hand. I just know what we saw. I guess a mans word isn't of value to many people anymore. You guys don't have to believe me. People have seen Mountain Lions in NY. Like I said it is a very, very rare occurance and I highly doubt that I will ever see one again. DEC certainly doesn't take peoples word on these matters so I understand some of you won't either.

Mnt lion sightings on this or any NYS hunting chat are equivalent to UFO sightings...would you take a mans word on a UFO sighting BAAQ ?

Pretty sure everyone said the same thing 2 years ago and then one was hit by a car and killed in NY.

I don't see how anyone can say it's always BS, when in fact they used to live in NY and one was hit by a car in NY. If one mountain lion found his way to NY why couldn't another? The fact is if just 1 mountain lion traveled from North Dakota to New York that's enough for anyone to rationally think it is a possibility.

Do I think there is one in a tree every 100Yds? No, but it's certainly possible for one to be seen in NY given the facts about how much they actually travel daily and a region that would fit there needs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Droptine  I do not disagree with you...I have no doubt that there could be a small number in the state....I know we have Bobcats here..just because while house hunting close to our place I looked out the owners sun room door and there sat a beautiful one on the edge of the lawn watching the house many years ago...I've never seen one since but I have heard them in the spring at night...a tad worse that a fox ..scarier than a raccoon fight...

Just pointing out how attitudes run

• Like 1

I wear boxers, but thanks for noticing they were twisted! Seriously though I have no doubt that it was a mountain lion. No I don't have a photo. I was driving with my neighbor over Raefield Farm Rd in East Greenwich NY to Argyle to tow his car back to his house. It crossed the road almost with a single bound. On a another occasion I saw it in almost the same exact spot. Both times it was haulin' ass. There haven't been sightings in years and I doubt that I will ever see one in the wild agan. Whether it escaped from somewhere or it was "passing through" I don't know, a ton of people saw it.

The small world we live in, My guess is it was the tiger escaping from the zoo again in Argyle that you saw! (Jk) 

But everyone don't forget about the mountain lion that went from SD to CT, unless he took a ferry or airplane, He had to cross through NY to get to CT. 

• Like 1

I will say that a buddy of mine and I used to have his cam out at a job I was working at the time. We would check it every morning before starting work. We got a bear on cam one day and that night we got a big cat on cam in the same spot the bear was standing. The cat did not have spots that we could see, was substantially bigger than a house cat and had a long tail that seemed to be as long as its body. Everyone that saw it including our taxidermist was sure it was a mountain lion. This was summer before last. I've been trying to get the SD card from him for a while but he insists it's on his computer somewhere (really computer illiterate). I'm sure I will get it eventually and I will post.

• Like 1

I will say that a buddy of mine and I used to have his cam out at a job I was working at the time. We would check it every morning before starting work. We got a bear on cam one day and that night we got a big cat on cam in the same spot the bear was standing. The cat did not have spots that we could see, was substantially bigger than a house cat and had a long tail that seemed to be as long as its body. Everyone that saw it including our taxidermist was sure it was a mountain lion. This was summer before last. I've been trying to get the SD card from him for a while but he insists it's on his computer somewhere (really computer illiterate). I'm sure I will get it eventually and I will post.

And of course the SD card is nowhere to be found......

• Like 1

No worries my man. I believe you because I just realized you're from Dutchess County.  I was bank fishing by myself in Wappingers Falls this summer when I felt like something was behind me. I turned around and saw a big cat. It turned broadside and I shot it through the shoulder with my pistol. It ran like 50 yards and died on the sandy creek bottom, where I took this pic.

post-871-0-92107100-1386883401_thumb.jpg