4 deer in 9 seconds

Uncle Nicky

that is not hunting, that is animal abuse. Cool you can shoot a gun and paralyze deer, you are an amazing hunter. NOT! You aim to make single shot clean ethical kills so the animal doesn't know what happened. By the time they die they are still in shock and feel no pain. Piss Poor video. DISLIKE!

What guns do you hunt with? Do you bow hunt?

So how many times have the deer you have shot lived longer than 45 seconds? If you say none, you are either a flat out liar, or you only have a couple under your belt.

Do you think they know what happens when you spine them, or shoot them in any way? They have no idea whats happened. You are giving human traits to them.

• Like 1

I hunt with a .300 WBY MAG and I bow hunt. But I will not take a shot where I don't feel the deer will be downed before it knows what happened. 

Well if you honestly believe what you wrote in your previous post and bow hunt you are a hypocrite. Same goes if you are carrying a rifle that you chamber more than one round in.

• Like 1

I don't see how it is ethical to shoot at running deer. Deer #2 he had no ideal shot placement but chose to take a crack anyway, and it worked out for him. Somehow they were all dead quickly, which is great. I have no problem with anyone filling there tags either whether it be 1 or 20 in Md, but I won't do it on a wing and a prayer. I don't like wounding deer or seeing deer wounded, it has happened to me, but not because of risky shot placement.  IMO we should do everything we can to make sure we have a decent shot. And calling people out because they don't like to see deer suffer needlessly is pompous.

I don't see how it is ethical to shoot at running deer. Deer #2 he had no ideal shot placement but chose to take a crack anyway, and it worked out for him. Somehow they were all dead quickly, which is great. I have no problem with anyone filling there tags either whether it be 1 or 20 in Md, but I won't do it on a wing and a prayer. I don't like wounding deer or seeing deer wounded, it has happened to me, but not because of risky shot placement.  IMO we should do everything we can to make sure we have a decent shot. And calling people out because they don't like to see deer suffer needlessly is pompous.

And if you can't hit a running deer at that distance then don't. It isn't an ethical issue. If you don't have the skill, do a little more practice or at least don't hate on those that can. I think this guy can. Little back on #2 but with 4 der and 4 down it was not luck.

• Like 4

The one deer "suffered" for all of a few seconds. Id bet anything some of the deer you have killed, or will kill, will take seconds, minutes or hours even, to expire.

As culver said, if you cant make a shot, dont try it. Theres nothing unethical about someone who can make the shot, taking it.

All I was saying is there is no reason to make a shot where the animal will suffer needlessly. Luckily all of my bow harvests have gone down within 50 yards of where I shot them and expired quickly thereafter. My point was do not take a shot where there is a chance for needless suffering of the animal, they are giving their life for your enjoyment/sustenance, the least you can do is try to make a shot that will minimize any pain/suffering felt by the animal.

• Like 1

All I was saying is there is no reason to make a shot where the animal will suffer needlessly. Luckily all of my bow harvests have gone down within 50 yards of where I shot them and expired quickly thereafter. My point was do not take a shot where there is a chance for needless suffering of the animal, they are giving their life for your enjoyment/sustenance, the least you can do is try to make a shot that will minimize any pain/suffering felt by the animal.

How many bow kills is that?

And for the record if you do not take a shot unless there is 0 chance of it going poorly, may I suggest needlepoint instead.

The guy can shoot, I won't deny that. He had a shot at vitals on the 3 and he nailed them. IMO #2 was what made the whole thing unethical in my book, there wasn't a very good situation for shot placement, regardless of skill. 

You never lost a deer or had one run off that you needed to track and finish?

You never lost a deer or had one run off that you needed to track and finish?

I have had to finish off one deer. It was a fairly close broadside shot and my scope was off for some reason. It was a miserable situation and I hope that I or anyone  won't find themselves in that situation... I just try to take the shots that offer decent placement to minimize the chances of that happening. I don't see what that has to do with taking the shot on the #2 deer. There was hardly a good shot to try to take there.

Deer hunting and deer killing…..two entirely different things. Again, if its legal and he has the tags, and wants to stack up does like that,,,fine. I just don't get why he would post the video as if he stalked/patterned a nice buck and finally got a good shot on him. But thats just me.

Deer hunting and deer killing…..two entirely different things. Again, if its legal and he has the tags, and wants to stack up does like that,,,fine. I just don't get why he would post the video as if he stalked/patterned a nice buck and finally got a good shot on him. But thats just me.

It's not just you, going by the responses in this thread it seems the only people bothered by this is the fact that it comes off as bragging to post the video (just like the mother daughter photo thread) and/or the low probability second shot. I don't recall someone calling him a poacher.

Never shot a moving deer belo?

The very first deer I shot at with a gun was running and I haven't done it since. The only deer I wounded with a bow was my first but luckily recovered and he was moving but not running. I've never since shot at any running deer. I get enough opportunities at easy doe kills to not need to, and id never forgive myself for wounding a nice buck with a bad shot.

How many bow kills is that?

And for the record if you do not take a shot unless there is 0 chance of it going poorly, may I suggest needlepoint instead.

That would be 4. I make sure that I wait for as best of a shot as humanly possible because I am not just looking to shoot deer. I have respect for the animals I hunt. Sorry if that offends anyone

That would be 4. I make sure that I wait for as best of a shot as humanly possible because I am not just looking to shoot deer. I have respect for the animals I hunt. Sorry if that offends anyone

My point is that every shot would fall into your category of unethical since every shot taken has the possibility to go wrong. There are a huge amount of variables. It may not be within your skill set but that doesn't make it unethical

• Like 1

It has everything to do with it. His position is if you can't put it right down it is unethical

My position is if one takes a risky shot with a higher chance for the deer to get wounded, take off and never be found it is unethical.

Not sure if you were talking to me or not but I figured I'd chime in. I am not trying to stir the pot.

Edited by BUCKANDAQUARTER
  • Like 2