4 deer in 9 seconds

Uncle Nicky

Early ...are you saying anyone living in hill country and hunting on any number of ridges ...looking down hill aren't legit hunters?...for I know on our place and down at camp ...hunting at the top of the hill looking down...gives us the same view as many of my stands...in fact a steeper wider view than many of them...Come on!...lol

Then i guess you would never shoot multiple deer. That first deer went 15 yards, and was a perfect vitals shot, i would say thats pretty good. Second one went about 5 yards. Last two dropped immediately. As soon as the second hit the ground, he went to the next deer, it wasnt until after that when it started trying to crawl off. Watch the video, youll see what i mean.

4 does?? no….. 2? maybe as long as the first one was down and out. Im not saying that everyone should hunt the way I do. I have said a couple of times now  "if its legal and you have the tags and you want to shoot all of those deer ,then go for it" Its just not  for me. And I don't think its anything to brag about…Just me

Edited by ants

Hey just talked to mu buddy from a stand in Maryland, he just took 5 doe in 8 seconds......lol actually he hasn't seen a thing all morning and that feeder is just 30 yards away. Must have some crappy corn in there! lol He confirmed 10 doe in one day if you want to burn all your doe tags.

• Like 1

99% of hunters are not thinking about population control when pulling the trigger... even the meat hunters have little concern about population control when filling tags... most really like the idea of having so many deer.. it makes filling the freezer easier. Having said that.. those same 99% of hunters suddenly become conservationists and proponents of deer population control when posting on any forum.

Every hunter who has taken a hunter safety course in the past 25 years has been educated about harvesting breeders as the method of population control and the correlation of doe permits to herd population.

Again, as a whitetail hunter in 3 densely populated northeastern states (NY, PA, NJ) I view myself in 3 ways:

-Doe/population manager

-Yearling buck protector

-Mature buck hunter

Congrats to Maryland and nice shooting...as long as there is no waste, fill them tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager

But then you call the guy a loser and a slob.

I said that I think opening up on all those deer like that was a loser move. Yes. Is he really that good of a shot? Can he do that every time on a bunch of running deer with out wounding at least one? Odds are no, and that luck played into it. Again, if you want to take those kinds of shots..go for it. Never called him a slob. 

I said that I think opening up on all those deer like that was a loser move. Yes. Is he really that good of a shot? Can he do that every time on a bunch of running deer with out wounding at least one? Odds are no, and that luck played into it. Again, if you want to take those kinds of shots..go for it. Never called him a slob.

He took 4 shots, and hit all 4 deer. One required a follow-up to humanly put it down, but it wasn't like it was going anywhere to suffer endlessly.

On the contrary, you took one shot, wounded a deer and never recovered it.

I think it's clear who the loser is here.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

He took 4 shots, and hit all 4 deer. One required a follow-up to humanly put it down, but it wasn't like it was going anywhere to suffer endlessly.

On the contrary, you took one shot, wounded a deer and never recovered it.

I think it's clear who the loser is here.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Right and that proves that mistakes can happen while shooting at just one deer standing still, let alone several deer that are running around. Good point. And YES it's very clear who the stone cold loser is. Another good point Rambo.

• Like 1

99% of hunters are not thinking about population control when pulling the trigger... even the meat hunters have little concern about population control when filling tags... most really like the idea of having so many deer.. it makes filling the freezer easier. Having said that.. those same 99% of hunters suddenly become conservationists and proponents of deer population control when posting on any forum.

Totally agree. I did not get into hunting for population control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You accused him of taking a "crap shot", thats the same saying hes a slob hunter, is it not? Those two things always seem to go hand in hand. He filmed himself making those shots, and all were good. You dont film yourself doing that without being confident in your skills. My bet is that he could repeat those shots.

• Like 1

Totally agree. I did not get into hunting for population control.

You may not have gotten into for that reason and neither did I, but if you want to be able to continue hunting then you should see that society in general only condones hunting in modern times for that purpose.

Again if you would prefer that farmers with red tags shoot your trophy bucks bald or budding in May or June at 3 am legally then keep passing on breeders.

I do like to protect yearling bucks because I believe that a full spectrum age structure is vital to herd health, but this notion that guys filling tags legal are slobs is the opposite of true.

Edited by Meat Manager

You may not have gotten into for that reason and neither did I, but if you want to be able to continue hunting then you should see that society in general only condones hunting in modern times for that purpose.

Tapatalk

Very much disagree. While some do indeed support it because their garden is being eaten or they've hit one with their car, I do believe people understand that hunting is the most basic of human activities and part of our history. While we may no longer need it to survive, I think most level headed people understand it's not something they feel should be illegal because there is very little harm being done. Let's not forget that it's a multimillion dollar industry too. If you don't think that has anything to do with keeping it legal you're being silly.

Very much disagree. While some do indeed support it because their garden is being eaten or they've hit one with their car, I do believe people understand that hunting is the most basic of human activities and part of our history. While we may no longer need it to survive, I think most level headed people understand it's not something they feel should be illegal because there is very little harm being done. Let's not forget that it's a multimillion dollar industry too. If you don't think that has anything to do with keeping it legal you're being silly.

Every single states management and hunting plans are based on population control...ask Doc about the CTF and why permits are made available. It's got very little to do with hunting heritage.

I'd also point to the DEC's new stance on pigs...hunters are doing more harm then good in terms of controlling pops so now it's getting contracted out and hunters don't get to shoot pigs.

Edited by Meat Manager

So why has NY decided to look into restructuring AR's to promote mature bucks?

From the dec deer management plan, note the first goal:

The plan describes six primary goals that encompass the current priorities for deer management and the values and issues expressed by the public:

Manage deer populations at levels that are appropriate for human and ecological concerns;

Promote and enhance deer hunting as an important recreational activity, tradition, and population management tool in New York;

Reduce negative impacts caused by deer;

Foster public understanding and communication about deer ecology, deer management, economic aspects and recreational opportunities;

Manage deer to promote healthy and sustainable forests and enhance habitat conservation efforts to benefit deer and other species; and

Ensure that the necessary resources are available to support sound management of white-tailed deer in New York.

From dec page on AR's:

In recent years, buck harvest strategies have been a divisive issue among deer hunters across the state. During development of the 2012-2016 deer management plan for New York, some hunters expressed strong interest in modifying hunting rules/regulations to allow more bucks to live to older ages and develop heavier bodies with larger antlers. As a result of that input, one of the objectives in DEC's current deer management plan is to "Encourage various strategies to reduce harvest of young (1.5 year old) bucks in accordance with hunter desires."

• Like 1

So if the general public will only condone hunting for population control, why would they support the state in letting them live longer to fulfill the desires of us "evil" hunters?

I guess what I am trying to say is the state has it's own agenda, money. They make a lot of money off of hunting aka "population control". It is quite obvious population control is needed, I think that us hunters will be fine.

Edited by BUCKANDAQUARTER

I guess the big question would be...Why the video?  If the first shot was ham and second shot was lower jaw would we see the same video?  I just did the same on the park with 3 flatheads. I suck though because it took me 5 shots to do the deed.  No glam shots for this hunter though. I had a plan and it worked out. 3 more to add to the pole of 11 already hanging. I have no problem with the deed the hunter did but to show the world...ehhh, Not so much!