Gun Registration in NY

That reminds me..While reading through some seed catalogs the other night I had the TV on...there was a cop/bad guy series on and something said caught my attention...a shooting happened and what weapon was used question  was asked..."They used an unregistered shot gun" was the answer...this grabbed my attention....what now "Hollywood" is being steered toward sticking the "bad person killing" shot gun into ppls minds?....All shot guns will have to go into be registered?

What do they have some type of deal with the "save us from our selves groups"? If you push this or that agenda for us...we'll leave you alone on the violent crap you produce...you can have all the teen sex same sex...blood cut up people scenes ect ect... you want...

• Like 1

none if you can get the out of staters to sell to you.  I have heard stories and grant you they are stories of vermont and pa stores refusing to sell to ny residents.  I had a friend who went to cabelas in pa had ammo bought with a credit card asked to see his license showed his ny license they refused to sell to him.  I buy components and make my own.  I guess they have no control over that as of yet.  I hope everyone in Ny remembers this when November comes along.  Not just Cuomo but get rid of all the fools who voted for this in assembly and senate too.  But unless this part of the law is started before November which I doubt it will, few will be motivated to do anything.  And believe me the bigger concern is the house of representatives elections in November.  If the libs get control of the house, you will see a national law that will make the safe act look like a jaywalking law.  if you think it can not happen, then you are clueless.  

Edited by bubba
  • Like 4

Just don't get caught crossing the NY state border with ammo or you can get charged with felony possession of ammo. Remember it may have already been in your trunk when you went to visit PA or NJ, but you are now "guilty until proven guilty" in the laws eyes.  The rules have changed and no one seems to have noticed.

and that original owner better have paperwork to show who he sold it to or by law it is yours.  If you decide to sell a gun now person to person and you go through the ny legal channels now, you are supposed to produce paperwork back to original owner or it can be considered an illegal firearm. Personally having a few that are not in my name I think is a good thing.  So many wrinkles in this law that so few are aware of that basically no matter what you do it can be illegal.  They have the right to rifle through your medical records to see if you have ever been on any medications for any mental illness, and almost everyone signs paperwork at their Dr office giving them that permission.  You go to the Dr they push hipaa paperwork at you to sign.  By signing it you are giving them permission to share it.  That is all they need for certain things such as not renewing your pistol permit.  If your renewal gets denied, they come and take all your forearms and no they do not need a warrant.  The judge orders it who denied your renewal.  Did you who have school age children know that school has to ask children if there are guns in their home?  If they answer yes, then they are asked if they feel safe at home. If they say not guess who is going to be at your door. CPS and a trooper.  Give up your guns or your kids.  There is so much more to this. I do not understand why every NY'er is not up in arms pun intended against this.  When I say I am doing what I can and have a local group trying to educate people I get scoffed at. 

Edited by bubba

When you go into a store, some companies track you with your rewards card. Order something on line and you'll get emails from other companies. Buy a gun and the NRA will send you stuff. Send a donation to some chatities and see how many requests for money you get from others Use EZPASS, traffic light camers, street security and store  cameras, and you are trackable., Don't  telemarketers have your telephone number, and name,. etc.

Your info is sold constantly, forget privacy. Everyone seems to be collecting and sharing an awful lot of  your information

I hope everyone in Ny remembers this when November comes along.  Not just Cuomo but get rid of all the fools who voted for this in assembly and senate too.

Somehow, this point has to be sold to the gun-owning public. We need to show these fools that their votes have consequences and impacts on their careers. They need to be punished for their disregard of our rights. For me that election is a one-issue vote. Party doesn't matter. Ideology doesn't matter. No other issue matters. There is just one criteria that determines my vote .... Did they vote for or support that SAFE-Act? And then the same day that I vote, I will be sending them an e-mail explaining why I voted for or against them. If they get the boot, I want them to know exactly what issue cost them their jobs. I want them terrified to ever vote for another anti-gun bill.

• Like 2

ammo checks has been put on hold for at lease 1 year. the state was hoping the feds would do it for them though nics. the state dose not have the system in place or the money to put one in place.(about  another 20 mil.).

and placed on hold for a year until after the 2014 elections.  Most have no clue what it is about and will not get pissed or involved until after it hits them.  Message of necessity my a*&

Somehow, this point has to be sold to the gun-owning public. We need to show these fools that their votes have consequences and impacts on their careers. They need to be punished for their disregard of our rights. For me that election is a one-issue vote. Party doesn't matter. Ideology doesn't matter. No other issue matters. There is just one criteria that determines my vote .... Did they vote for or support that SAFE-Act? And then the same day that I vote, I will be sending them an e-mail explaining why I voted for or against them. If they get the boot, I want them to know exactly what issue cost them their jobs. I want them terrified to ever vote for another anti-gun bill.

gather all the information on the law and start telling anyone who will listen.  Get the people who listen to tell others.  Grass roots level is the best way to go as I see it.  Get the information on the elected officials who voted for this joke and target them,.  Let everyone know what they did.  The toughest part is getting a good candidate to run against them.  I was approached about running for assembly in my area.  I said um no.  Our assembly woman addie russell voted for this and when you try to speak to her about it she called us her constituents "you people":  Her quote You People who keep contacting me about the safe act being repealed are wasting your time and more importantly my time.  It is never going to happen.  Wanna be she is unemployed after November?

Edited by bubba

gather all the information on the law and start telling anyone who will listen.  Get the people who listen to tell others.  Grass roots level is the best way to go as I see it.  Get the information on the elected officials who voted for this joke and target them,.  Let everyone know what they did.  The toughest part is getting a good candidate to run against them.  I was approached about running for assembly in my area.  I said um no.  Our assembly woman addie russell voted for this and when you try to speak to her about it she called us her constituents "you people":  Her quote You People who keep contacting me about the safe act being repealed are wasting your time and more importantly my time.  It is never going to happen.  Wanna be she is unemployed after November?

We have the voting record pinned on this site:      http://huntingny.com/forums/topic/17272-lest-we-forget/