Mendon or Rush property

Looking for land out in the Rush and Mendon area to hunt.  Im a new hunter (this was my first season) and looking to get my own property. I have hunted friends property and I know how possessive people are of their property so that's why Im looking for something of my own. Thanks in advance!!

Brandon

post-4899-0-97441800-1388265523_thumb.jp

Thanks for the smart alec replies.... knew I shouldn't have even bothered with sites like this.   but HEY! keep that mentality up and us younger hunters will never even bother to ask for your "wise guidance"...

Edited by aasapper21

It wasn't. ment to be "smart a$$"...I just know how popular a sealed up that area has been for years...being a new hunter looking for a place...Sorry I have to lol at  such a high goal..I meant the good luck part....Sorry...

"high goal"? how so? im a local guy from this area (Scottsville)? so.... I would say more convenient than anything so I don't have to drive hours to a hunting plot.

post-4899-0-84839300-1388268883_thumb.jp

Edited by aasapper21

its pretty easy to misinterpret tone of voice over the internet. im not coping an attitude at all... I posted something and all of a sudden I get people laughing out loud at me?

I served 8 years and two tours over in Afghanistan and am one of the most respectful young people of my peers. so to tell me I have an attitude that is hidden behind the internet... is a little misleading don't you say bubba? Im not trying to offend anyone on here but I am trying to find out information without being laughed at and ridiculed. 

If I offended anyone, sorry.  guess ill take my questions to other forums

I PM'd you..but seeing you couldn't except . an apology for what was a misunderstanding...and showed a quick temper  twice now I'll explain...You being local should already know how buttoned up those two "trophy" area are...if not private owned family hunted then leased for good sums..for years...Now let it be know. I PM'd him with suggestions s of trying Lima..Ionian..Avon...The Bloomfield areas before his second post...

Welcome aboard aasapper! Give the forum a chance. Some are wise asses and you will want to strangle them (that's sarcasm folks) in some debates, but then you will find common ground on another. 

Thank you for serving our country, and welcome home. I hope you find what you are looking for, I would think someone in your area would allow a serviceman to join them for a hunt. There is no harm in trying once you get past the remarks.

thanks buckandaquarter but the damage has already been done. I guess one bad apple will ruin the whole bushel. a new member comes in with a clean pallet and seeking knowledge from everyone, especially the elders. Since I don't have anyone in my family that hunts, besides me, I seek for guidance and professionalism from others.

there is a thing called "tact" and I guess some people are born with or without it.   its like this. would you go up to your wife and call her fat to her face? or would you maybe find a way around that to help her lose weight... like maybe cohering her to join a gym with you.... tact my friends. some have it, others dont 

lol, i know what you mean, in fact i preach it to a lot of people who don't know of the concept. first impressions are everything to a lot of people and i can understand you writing the forum off completely... i am sure larry was joking, but i can't speak for him. there are other young serviceman on here too. oh, i wouldn't dream of telling my wife to go to a gym, it'd be a death sentence. i'd need a little more tact than that!

I would suggest that in the spring you start knocking on doors and ask . The worse a property owner can do is tell you no . Look for big farm property as the owner may have a deer problem . You never know . 

Good advice given , also it could be a good time now and ask about preditor hunting in the areas in and around there, you might get a good idea of what's around.

Your best bet is to knock on doors and be ready to have them closed in your face, and lots of no answers. Ive been hunting these areas all my life, and access is not easy to find, and is rarely cheap. Even finding predator spots isnt easy. You may find it better to get in with a group that leases a spot, or watch for leases that open up.

I would think as grow stated, one would have better fortunes trying to look south or west instead of Rush/Mendon.

Of course there is good public land south of you. If you choose not to use them that means more for me.

Edited by pewlodar

if I could say what the two toughest areas to.get permission...mendon then rush on top of the list. not saying impossible, but you are better off asking in scottsville or caledonia or the like...and those areas are tough too but more land and less money/income levels.

im lucky enough to hunt in a nice spots in those towns, but nothing short of a miracle have opened those doors.

do towns give permission to hunt their property? cuz I know of a spot that is PRIME for deer.... at about 4:30 the deer just flock to the area and its a free for all...
there's probably a reason they do so (no hunting). But it's worth a try. I always say, you have nothing to lose asking. Worse thing they can say is no.