Success In Colorado!!

Lawdwaz

A good friend of mine called me tonight after he hit a real nice buck late this afternoon in Colorado.  He hunts south of Denver in the river bottoms.  I've seen the country and it just reeks of fun......

He gave the deer 30 minutes and found it right where he thought he last saw it, piled up.  He (like growie) had knee surgery three weeks ago and had to drag the beast 600yds back to the Toyota.  He said his knee feels great!

This is his 5th buck in 5 years at this new hunting area  This one is a muley but whitetails abound also. 

We first met in high school back in '75 and were very close until he bailed in '84 for Colorado.  We have hunted together a fair amount since he left; Wyoming, Colorado and here in NYS.

He is going to text or email me pics and if they are worthy I'll hang 'em here.

Here we go:

13122895002_zps02108ad9.jpg

Pretty nice buck to close out the season!  Did I mention it is archery season?

Dan.....I'd gladly purchase either half of the elk or deer points if it was possible!!  I bet we would have a pretty good time together................. B)

• Like 4

Congrats to him!...If he's like me the walking is helping the knee greatly..Now lets see if my house hunting memories serve,,,south of Denver,,,is that the Colorado Springs area?...pretty country....

East of the Springs, I believe Kiowa County but may off a county or two. ....grin....

Here is a buck his son killed in 2006 further south than the buck from yesterday.  I was hunting with them at the time but ate tag soup.  It was a fun hunt but my mind wasn't in it because I had just finished up working 10 days straight after the October Surprise snow storm and was mentally whooped.........

Quite a nice buck for the young man...........

CIMG0295.jpg