ISO. deer rifle

Hey im looking for a deer rifle at a decent price for my wife. im thinking of something in a .243 caliber maybe a single shot. It doesnt have to be pretty but has to shoot. not looking to spend a ton on this as i dont know if she is going to stay in the sport and do not want to waste a ton of money if she decides not to like it... if you have anything you would like to seel let me know. Thanks

I'll second the axis. At that price, you don't have many options. If you were talking 500-600 then you have the TC venture, and Tikka T3, and new browning AB3.

At $300 the only option you have in my opinion is a axis. That's about the only budget rifle in your range.

Hell most people spend over $300 just on a scope, so I'd go with the axis as it is the most accurate rifle in your price range. You won't have much money for a scope, if you do look, vortex and Nikon are my favorites.

For the price range I would be heading to the gun shops that carry used guns. I have found that before Christmas and before taxes are due is a pretty good time to look for used ones

I HATE shopping for clothes, vehicles, furniture, ETC. ETC.

But I LOVE visiting gunshops and pawnshops and checking out used rifles, shotguns and handguns. ESPECIALLY rifles, and shotguns with 2 barrels..<<big SMILE >>...

Lots of good deals on used firearms, but you've got to be willing to sniff them out. Classified adds hold some good stuff too, but you have to be quick. If it's a good deal it will go fast.

When buying a ruger American or a axis in 243 your going to have to buy a longer scope or special mounts for the scope with will add to the cost. Best bet it look used. I picked up my .243 at gander for 350 it was a savage model 11

If you flip the front base around, on the Ruger , it gives you another 1". At least on the first run of rifles…that might have changed.