Recovered Bullet

Lawdwaz

Pulled this from the hind end of a fawn I shot at the end of the season.  The shot was 40-50 yards, quartering on. Hit the point of the shoulder and landed just under the hide.  I forgot what it weighed after but before it was 275gr.  I'll check it and update......

Parker Ballistic Extreme out of my NULA, 2200fpt at muzzle..........

IMG_5307_zps0d28b173.jpg

IMG_5308_zps37d2f9fc.jpg

• Like 1

Actually it lost more than it looks, it weighs 170gr on the nose right now. so it retained 62% (if my math is correct)

I THINK but I'm not positive but that could be the first of those bullets that I've recovered out of 16-18 deer.  Everything else has exited or been caught up in entrails I believe.

They are a great shooting, hard hitting and well constructed bullet.

I have a 7mm 160 grain Nosler Partition that I recovered from an Alaskan bull moose that I shot in 1989 with my .280...

It weighs 105 grains, for about a 65% weight rentention, after passing through about two feet of moose. It is the only NP I have ever recovered..I think the others are still going..<<grin>>..

SOOOO, comparatively, I'd say that your bullets perform pretty well.

• Like 1

I may have asked you before , what model Nula you shooting. Melvin sure builds them right...some day I might have to buy one but after I finally bought my white thunderbolt things are on hold

I have a 209 smokeless that I bought second hand and three of his center fire rifles.  I'll spare you the dead deer pics............ :fie:

IMG_0035.jpg

Tell me about the White Thunderbolt.....

Sorry to steal your thread, have you checked out doc's site. The thunderbolt was his version of a bolt 209 ignition muzzle loader. Doc is actually doing a bedding job on it as we speak. Whites are built like tanks and great conical shooters. The thunderbolt has a bold trigger and truncated rifling.. Doc has tested them for SML but will not recommend it nor will I.

Mine has the laminated stock in SS with a Lyman 57 rear site and marble fiber optic front site.

Sorry to steal your thread, have you checked out doc's site. The thunderbolt was his version of a bolt 209 ignition muzzle loader. Doc is actually doing a bedding job on it as we speak. Whites are built like tanks and great conical shooters. The thunderbolt has a bold trigger and truncated rifling.. Doc has tested them for SML but will not recommend it nor will I.

Mine has the laminated stock in SS with a Lyman 57 rear site and marble fiber optic front site.

No worries on the derailment..............

What does your gun weigh?  Sounds heavy but probably shoots lights out, I'd bet.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...