Started shooting my recurve tonight

MACHINIST

What type of bow did you get? Brand, poundage? I'm getting a recurve very soon myself.

I bought a Samick Sage from a member here last November.From what I read on tons of forums and between private messages between members here,Archerytalk and tradforum that is one of the best beginner bows for the money

Damascus shooting glove. love it. Its thin and lets you feel the string on the crease of your fingers

good recommendation.  best glove I've shot with so far.  you can shoot off the first joint from the finger tips.  don't know of anyone that shoots very well with a deeper "hook" than that.  you can order one straight from 3Rivers

I bought pair of  leather palmed mechanics gloves and they seem to work well.I need to find someplace that if I order the wrong size it wont be a big deal to return.Do they make a damascus glove that is a full glove?I think thats what I want is a glove that has a front and a back.

• 4 weeks later...

Use to own a Bear Kodiak Hunter 50lbs@28" draw. My brother had the very same bow but in 45lbs. Like a fool, have long since sold both of them!!! Recurve bows need constant practice to stay proficient. Started out with a glove, and then switched to a tab. Much more accurate and clean releases. Then bought a Martin Howatt Hunter @60lbs,. big mistake, ended up hurting my shoulder trying to draw that weight back. Sold that one as well and went back to a compound. Using the 45lb Kodiak, I got quite accurate shooting the instinctive method. Everyone should try one out.....but don't over bow yourself!!!

I bought pair of leather palmed mechanics gloves and they seem to work well.I need to find someplace that if I order the wrong size it wont be a big deal to return.Do they make a damascus glove that is a full glove?I think thats what I want is a glove that has a front and a back.

Bout one set from amazon one set from the shop. I have average hands and got the wrong size in beginiin. After sweatin them up they fit good enough though being leather. I use hobo gloves with em when its cold. Qnd they cover most of back and palm off hand. Look em up on amazon. I like em cause its easy to get a deep hook on em. Had to work on my release alot with em though