elk stampede

raymerlo

That's great that PA has re-introduced the Elk.

Unfortunately it'll be a long time before the herd is sustainable enough to hunt.

Believe now there are only 50 lottery permits drawn for residents.

If you are luck enough to win, you can't reapply for 5 years.

Some day, maybe Pa residents will get an open season with a larger harvest quota.

A guy i work with was just out in PA for a weekend, we started talking about the Elk and he decided to see if he could get some pics.....he had an Elk 10 ft from him just chilling out....it was a nice 6x6, i couldn't believe it!! I will see if I can post the pics tomorrow.

This is really cool! Only about 45 miles south of me (as the crow flies). I'd love to go down and get photos of them to paint sometime.

I can't tell you how delighted I'd be if they kept expanding north up here... even if I couldn't hunt them in my lifetime due to their population, what a treat to hear and see them!!

I've been there to see them.  The farmers hate them and want them out of there.  That house is probably for sale because of the Elk.  The tourists come to see them, drive on lawns, cause traffic and block driveways.  Some towns have so much traffic during tourist season, the residents can't even get to work because the town is grid locked.

The Elk are getting used to the houses in certain areas and congregate in small neighborhoods.  They do lots of damage to homes and property during the rut.  The trouble is caused because the Elk won't stay out in the wilds of PA.  They prefer to live in town.  It's not what it seems from the video.  There are lots of videos on the PA Elk showing all of the downsides to it.

:-\

I still would love to see them in the Catskills and Adk's though.  Just shoot at them to scare them if they start coming into town.

8)