Connecticut set for possible confiscation

Feel sorry for the LEO's how would you like to be the first one through a door on one of these raids?

do you anticipate the average gun owner who didn't want to register his gun, or forgot to, or maybe wasn't aware, to really take it to that level and engage the Police in a shootout?

do you anticipate the average gun owner who didn't want to register his gun, or forgot to, or maybe wasn't aware, to really take it to that level and engage the Police in a shootout?

I doubt that the average gun owner will get into a shoot out with police, but if I were the first one through the door, trying to enforce this non law passed down by a little dictator, there would be a definite "pucker effect "

I doubt that the average gun owner will get into a shoot out with police, but if I were the first one through the door, trying to enforce this non law passed down by a little dictator, there would be a definite "pucker effect "

I can't imagine any Judge issuing a search warrant that may be based only on information that a gun was purchased by someone 5 years ago and nothing else.........could you imagine the lawsuits that would follow after a few search warrants were executed and the intended target says "oh that gun? I sold it 3 years ago."

• Like 1

A number of LEO's have been shot raiding the wrong houses, along with doing "no knock" raids on the right houses where the residents thought they were a victim of a home invasion. One such guy who had a few pot plants and was the target of the raid,just was set free by the court after killing a LEO during a no knock raid. So depends a lot on how they go about it I guess.

The average gun owner not to much to worry about,the old worn out guy pissed off at the world.... Hey they'll shoot you for texting at the movies....

• Like 1

I can't imagine any Judge issuing a search warrant that may be based only on information that a gun was purchased by someone 5 years ago and nothing else.........could you imagine the lawsuits that would follow after a few search warrants were executed and the intended target says "oh that gun? I sold it 3 years ago."

This is New York. ……The little King has already pissed on our second Amendment rights. I don't think that its impossible for him to find a way to piss on our 4th Amendment rights and bypass the whole search warrant deal. We are dealing with a bad dirty little man who has a lot of power.

I agree that the average guy would not. But if I was in law enforcement I am sure I wouldn't know if the guy was "average" when I went through the door. I have 4 close family members in law enforcement. They all are expecting this. They also told me that would put and assignment like this right up there with answering a domestic dispute call as their least favorite calls. Just because of the unknown factor.

LE groups who not be happy with this idea before they even drove to a location for the warrant.  you know how much man power this effort would take?  i think many will say show me the money first.  then what if your an officer who issues warrant and find a converted AR15?  do you take it and risk a lawsuit you will not win or do you leave it and get the third degree back at the station?  this would be a nightmare to deal with for a day let alone carry it out for years to completion.  I was going to buy an assault weapon (AR15) but never did.  haven't purchased anything else that qualifies either by sheer coincidence.  if they show up at my door i'll tell them to go pound salt.  they won't have a warrant because they have no proof I ever had a weapon classified as an assault weapon either.

Do they realize the amount of manpower it would take to try and figure out who owns guns that need to be registered? to try and track down guns that were bought years ago (other than handguns) that aren't even owned by the original buyer is laughable, I don't know what the record keeping is like in CT, but in NY after the gun is sold from the shop to the original buyer there is no way to know who currently has it if it was sold privately......it's almost mind boggling for them to think they can do this effectively.