Dream Hunting Property

BKhunter

Very nice! I just could never leave whitetail

Yeah I like my whitetail too... but it would be nice to do something different for a while... can always find a place to hunt whitetails.. only a few places in the world that have what Alaska has. I couldn't live there, but wouldn't mind hunting and fishing there for a few months.

I hear ya. I apply every year in Maine, Vermont, and N.H. for moose. Being able to go and hunt them in Alaska on a somewhat regular basis would be a dream come true. Throw in bear, caribou, and blacktails and what more could a man want?

I'd go back to home to Oswego county were I grew up. I'd like 1000 acres or so and hunt crow and coyote. I'll save a spot for you deer hunters. Also have a farmer plant  corn for the geese and for the crows to eat. Need that organic mulch farm as well. I like being around my cousins and uncles when I go hunting. We always have a lot of fun. Its not just about the land, but who you spend time with.

• Like 1

I thought this was just a dream hunting property. Not where you would live year round. I would want my dream hunting property to offer me a wide variety of game. I wouldn't live there. Just hunt there a couple of weeks of months a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I like NYS as well. I like the lay of the land. The mix of state land, and private. The climate is pretty good, except for a few months. There are lots of deer, turkey, and grouse.

I have a buddy that lives in N.C. He is a trucker and has been to every corner of the continental US, and when he comes to my place in central NY, he says there is nothing like it. I tried to have him expand on that, but he couldn't. Just said it was unique, and soothing.

I hunted on a friend of a friends property that owned 900 acres near the Catskills. Unbelievable.

I don't need the biggest racks, or crazy numbers, but if I could have that 900 acres to manage, that would be pretty sweet.

I plan on owning some land in Maine where I can hunt Bear, track Deer and hunt birds with my dogs. Land is cheap and it is my cup of tea so it will be a dream come true I suppose you could say.

I don't know if I can see buying land in the western states as its not needed in the areas I want to go like Wyoming, the Dakota's ect. There is so much public land out there that is quality why bother.

I plan on owning some land in Maine where I can hunt Bear, track Deer and hunt birds with my dogs. Land is cheap and it is my cup of tea so it will be a dream come true I suppose you could say.

I don't know if I can see buying land in the western states as its not needed in the areas I want to go like Wyoming, the Dakota's ect. There is so much public land out there that is quality why bother.

I have a cousin who is the Dean of Biology at the Univ. of Maine.. so I've hunted there quite a few times... tough place to hunt, but I loved it. 1000's of acres of paper company land to hunt and the bucks grow BIG there!

Edited by nyantler

Sounds perfect...

Extremely hard terrain because of all the logging... clear cuts are huge but get like a jungle after a few years... some places get so thick you can walk on top of the new growth... deer are so use to seeing loggers that when they're jumped they don't run far before stopping to take a look back to see if it was just a logger.. usually a fatal mistake...lol..  Got to be in great shape to hunt far from the road.

I would want 1500 acres in the middle of Manhattan. Think about it. I could get rid of all of the liberal hippies who believe no one should have any type of gun. We would not have all of the democrats who continually take a freedom away on a daily basis or figure out ways to take my money and give it to people who choose not to work or look for work and take up space just to stay elected. I too love NY and like all of the diverse areas here. But it is run like crap by crap. If I could pick another place something maybe in the mountains of SC or NC. In the mountains there the summers are not as bad and in the winter the snow flies but melts away pretty quick. And they don't have the lingering artic blast that we seem to be having this year. It would have to be big enough that it would take 1/2 day to walk across on horse back (The other half to walk back). Log cabin, elec, water etc. I like internet so that would be a must. Also 1 road in with a gate and camera so I would who not to open up for. A nice 3 to 5 acre lake stocked up with a possible running steam for trout.  

Just my rant

I have a cousin who is the Dean of Biology at the Univ. of Maine.. so I've hunted there quite a few times... tough place to hunt, but I loved it. 1000's of acres of paper company land to hunt and the bucks grow BIG there!

I think the open land measures in the millions of acres range, like the Adirondacks on steroids. I'm only looking for 1 acre to park my camper on though.

I think the open land measures in the millions of acres range, like the Adirondacks on steroids. I'm only looking for 1 acre to park my camper on though.

I think so too.. I wasn't sure so I dialed it back... Northern Maine it definitely vast and I'm sure you could find a place for the camper. I hunted Old Town, Benedicta, and near Moosehead Lake all where excellent.

Not sure where my cabin would be but i have dreamed of it since i was a kid.

Log cabin next to a stream that i have to get my water from. A open fire place for the living room and bedroom, think i have to use it for cooking and there is no power.

Not sure if i would share it with anyone.

• Like 1

Not sure where my cabin would be but i have dreamed of it since i was a kid.

Log cabin next to a stream that i have to get my water from. A open fire place for the living room and bedroom, think i have to use it for cooking and there is no power.

Not sure if i would share it with anyone.

And a pool boy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I 'think' about getting the work and projects done on the property to get it where I want it. Or perhaps to what I'm aiming for, making it better than it was etc. But it's still a ways off, a few years in fact to get it all done. Phases, managing, molding, what ever term floats the barge, it's a good deal of work, work in progress. And it really doesn't stop at any one point, it's more of an accumulation of stuff to keep an eye on or the rest of the work could wind up in vain. 

In this case dreaming seems like allot of talking, which relay means nothing gets done until you buy some work gloves and a shovel, so to say.

• Like 1

Well, I 'think' about getting the work and projects done on the property to get it where I want it. Or perhaps to what I'm aiming for, making it better than it was etc. But it's still a ways off, a few years in fact to get it all done. Phases, managing, molding, what ever term floats the barge, it's a good deal of work, work in progress. And it really doesn't stop at any one point, it's more of an accumulation of stuff to keep an eye on or the rest of the work could wind up in vain. 

In this case dreaming seems like allot of talking, which relay means nothing gets done until you buy some work gloves and a shovel, so to say.

My favorite thing is to have a small project everytime I go to camp... if it gets completed, great.. if not, there is always another day... before you no it you are seeing progress.. once you're into it.. it's hard to stop.

• Like 1