Taking the plunge

cdmckane

It seems to be accurate enough. I highly doubt that anyone can say weather or not a deer cares if there arrow is an inch or two off the point of aim.

He offered a drop away rest but as a rookie, I prefer to keep it simple. The WB has less moving parts and, therefore, less chance of failure at the moment of truth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I was being a smartass. I use one as well. You wont get bashed my me for it lol.

WBs are great. I know we've gone pages on the topic. But it's Ford vs. Chevy to me. Switching to a dropaway from a WB myself, I now prefer that. But that's just me. Should someone ask my advice, I'd give them pros and cons, but one should never criticize someone elses choice.

But others will. Just look up a few posts, and youll see what I meant.

I agree with Bowtoons in that a whisker biscuit is not as forgiving as a drop-away rest.  plenty accurate enough if you have good follow through, especially for hunting.  the design is simple but they can freeze up here in NY.  The conditions you're in that would cause it to freeze will be obvious though.  I hunted with one for a while, back when they first came out from Carolina archery.  I'd even practice with it accurately enough out to 100 yards.  tough on vanes with a max helical (twist) though.  a slight offset, good vanes, and good adhesion won't yield any issues though.

I agree with Bowtoons in that a whisker biscuit is not as forgiving as a drop-away rest. plenty accurate enough if you have good follow through, especially for hunting. the design is simple but they can freeze up here in NY. The conditions you're in that would cause it to freeze will be obvious though. I hunted with one for a while, back when they first came out from Carolina archery. I'd even practice with it accurately enough out to 100 yards. tough on vanes with a max helical (twist) though. a slight offset, good vanes, and good adhesion won't yield any issues though.

My biggest complaint was what it did to my vanes and it got stuck in the biscuit sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I put the vanes on the other end of the arrow to prevent this issue. Im a ground breaker.

I assume you must put the broadhead at the nock end too.  Shoots kinda like a throwing knife.  You are an innovator Doewhacker.  Special set up just for those trophy doe.  lol

I assume you must put the broadhead at the nock end too.  Shoots kinda like a throwing knife.  You are an innovator Doewhacker.  Special set up just for those trophy doe.  lol

Trade secrets shhhh

I also have bent arrows for shooting around tree's, I bend it like Becham.

• Like 1

Trade secrets shhhh

I also have bent arrows for shooting around tree's, I bend it like Becham.

The curving arrows are a draw length issue my friend, but how to measure.  HMMMM  Well, let me explain .... You WILL NOT suck me into that again.  I lost almost 2 days of my life already.  LOL

As an aside, I would like to challenge you ... the self proclaimed KING of whacking does to a challenge  .... biggest doe (by weight) this year wins something.  What say you?  We have a few swamp donkeys around that I have refrained from shooting because of the drag out in the muck - make it worth my while.  Added bonus, you will tick of phade when I have to track and drag out a doe in the areas we are targeting a nice shooter buck.

• Like 1

The curving arrows are a draw length issue my friend, but how to measure.  HMMMM  Well, let me explain .... You WILL NOT suck me into that again.  I lost almost 2 days of my life already.  LOL

As an aside, I would like to challenge you ... the self proclaimed KING of whacking does to a challenge  .... biggest doe (by weight) this year wins something.  What say you?  We have a few swamp donkeys around that I have refrained from shooting because of the drag out in the muck - make it worth my while.  Added bonus, you will tick of phade when I have to track and drag out a doe in the areas we are targeting a nice shooter buck.

Ugh.

Hey ! I want in on this. I know where there are a few huge doe living..lol

Priceless!  LMAO