8 months until the election

What level of detail would you like to see from a candidate about this topic?

Regarding NG exploitation;

I'd like to know by whom, and by what standards are these opportunities going to be opened.

I would also be interested in knowing who will be given power of authority in the future.

Will this become a state mandate involving eminent domain somewhere down the road?

Who will be held responsible for catastrophic events?

These questions aren't likely to be answered by a candidate for office. But they're legitimate questions.

I'm just asking, buddy.

I'm not necessarily against it, I just want to know who stands to benefit the most.

Regarding NG exploitation;

I'd like to know by whom, and by what standards are these opportunities going to be opened.

I would also be interested in knowing who will be given power of authority in the future.

Will this become a state mandate involving eminent domain somewhere down the road?

Who will be held responsible for catastrophic events?

These questions aren't likely to be answered by a candidate for office. But they're legitimate questions.

I'm just asking, buddy.

I'm not necessarily against it, I just want to know who stands to benefit the most.

I understand. All good questions. To use this as a litmus test for one candidate though it should be a test for both candidates. I can say this about Cuomo though. He has proven to dance around the topic, wishing to NOT make a decision or even address current studies. Which ever way it is determined to be best for the state, it deserves consideration and a decision

My dog could leave a steaming pile of dung in the backyard and I would vote for the dung before I would vote Cuomo!!!

At this point, debating the issues is a waste of energy. We know what we have with Cuomo and he must pay for what he has done. If he is re elected all gun owners are done!!

If you live in New York and own a gun or would like to own a gun someday, your vote must go against Cuomo and anybody else that supported these gun laws!!! 

We all need to get behind Astorino and figure out a way to push him to victory...

If we lose, it's over and there is no place to hide as these gun laws will spread all over the country....

• Like 1

Astorino has a great last name rino.  He is in some ways pro gun.  But he wants to roll back the safe act and have the state  have gun laws like Westchester County, which I am sure is still an infringement. I have not read their laws, but from where it is, I am pretty sure it is not gun friendly. That is different that a full repeal.  I heard that directly from his mouth, not second hand.  He is liberal light. The sad part is the good ole boys never look North for a candidate as they think no one for the north could win.    If he could get the backing Steve McLaughlin would be the guy.  Conservative through and through.  He is a pilot who got into politics to make a difference.  I have spoken with him personally when he attended one of our north country rallies last summer.  He called it then.  He is too far right for the liking of the republicans, and stated he would be shot at from the back and front.  The republicans will not back him, and the grass roots can not fund him to the point he needs to win.  If we settle for Astorino, we are not much better off.  That being said, if we do not change a lot of seats in the assembly and senate, it will not matter who is Governor.  The liberal run assembly will never pass a bill to repeal to send to the Governor regardless who that is. I have not heard of too many stepping up ti run for these seats, which leaves us defeated again.  Our mission at this point should be to find viable candidates for those elections as they are all up this year, both senate and assembly.  Another thing to think about.  if the so called republicans lose the house of representatives, we will have federal laws as bad or not worse that NY state has.  We need to put some focus on those elections also.

Here's the deal, Cuomo is a proven anti-gun advocate as extreme on that end as they can get. He also has demonstrated the ability to get (force) legislative support for his anti 2nd Amendment beliefs. That is a combination that has already been demonstrated and gives us all an inkling of where he would take his beliefs in the future.

There is no doubt in my mind that he must be replaced, and it really doesn't even matter by who. And the same thing can be said about every legislator that voted for the Safe Act.

There is no way Cuomo will run in 2016, unless Clinton decides not to.  Even then, I doubt he would get the national nod.  His stance on guns is too radical to win a presidential race, imo.

Edited by Sogaard

If Obama can win a national election so could Cuomo.

Obama won his elections for many reasons.  Among them, he got a pass from local/nations media.  Fox didn't give him a pass, but all others did.  No one questioned him on his experience or plans for the nation.  Obama was able to organize and get young people to vote for him, he got africian americas to vote in large #'s

Cuomo, will not be that lucky.  Cuomo has a record both at the state level and local Westchester county level.  He won't get a pass from the media, he'll need to answer questions.  He has political enemies within his own party, that won't fear being called a racists by taking him on.

Just puttin' it out there folks.

Cuomo was born and bred to be a politician, and the presidency is the brass ring. An upset in the upcoming election in NY will help to put the brass ring just that much further out of his grasp.

It's not as if we need any more reason to dislike him, but it's there, so I'll mention it.

I'm on-board with what Doc's been saying for over a year now. It's personal, and I'm doing what I can to make it personal for as many other people as I can reach.

Do not sell this devious minded, treacherous politician short either on a state level or national level. I have seen this creep perform all kinds of havoc on the Constitution that everyone swore up and down would be impossible for any Governor to do. And yet here it is and it is beginning to look more and more like we are powerless to undo it. I truly hate under-estimation. It is a weakness that more often than not comes around to bite us in the butt. Take this guy as the serious threat that he is and don't be taking anything for granted. Just because a guy is evil doesn't mean that he's stupid. 

Far from stupid.

He's one of the scariest politicians we've seen in our lifetimes.

He's very smart, well-motivated, well-funded and well-equipped. He presents an agenda that makes Hillary Clinton look almost acceptable. Well, almost.

He's shrewd , devious and underhanded, and doesn't care about anything but votes and popularity.

A pure politician in all the worst possible ways.

He will make a run for the presidency of the US in 2016. Being defeated in a race for governor in the big D state of NY will hurt him badly.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but I'll give you my predictions:

He is going to win the Gov race again this year by at least 53/45 (as opposed to 2010 when it was 61/34).

He will not run for pres in 2016 if Hillary runs.  He won't win a primary against her and it would just be a waste of money trying.  He will bide his time and run in 2020 if she loses, or 2024 if she wins.  Or possibly take a VP spot under her if she offers it to pave the way.  

Edited by Sogaard

If Obama can win a national election so could Cuomo.

Simply not true.  Cuomo makes Obama look middle of the road moderate.  Also Obama had the added boost of being relatively unknown at the national level before running for President, and relatively new to politics in general.  It is a bonus when your opponents don't have years and years of history to dig up dirt and scrutinize every vote you cast in office.

Edited by Sogaard
  • Like 1

Simply not true. Cuomo makes Obama look middle of the road moderate. Also Obama had the added boost of being relatively unknown at the national level before running for President, and relatively new to politics in general. It is a bonus when your opponents don't have years and years of history to dig up dirt and scrutinize every vote you cast in office.

Obama had the second most liberal voting record in the senate. A willing media glossed over it and spun it as a positive. American voters knew just what they were getting and embraced it. Not once but twice.

Any establishment Republican that get the nomination will not have the tea party or the conservative base. So no matter how many so called moderates vote for him he will loose. If the Republicans nominate a non establishment candidate it may appease tea party and conservatives but they will get lambasted as an extremist by the liberal media.

The left will vote for Cuomo or any other leftist without a second thought and the media will paint a tea party or conservative candidate as an extremist.

Cuomo or his counterpart will be hailed as mainstream and forward thinking.

Obama was a new low in American politics. he proves that with the media as willing partners, and a significant percentage of American voters who's only concern is voting a president that will promise them continued hand outs.

So I stand by it. If Obama can be voted in a president of the United States then so can Andrew Cuomo.

Edited by Trial153

Most likely we won't have to face that problem until 2024.  I still say he doesn't have a chance in a national race.  I don't think he would win the Dem primary.  In the end, there are a ton of Democrats that like guns and are Dems for other reasons.

Edited by Sogaard

Hopefully your correct. If a the republicans in NY can field a candidate for governor that has any semblance of being electable it would be a great blow to Cuomo's national ambitions.

I completely agree, I just don't see any Republican candidate out there (yet, at least) that can pose a serious challenge to him.

I completely agree, I just don't see any Republican candidate out there (yet, at least) that can pose a serious challenge to him.

So far the Westcheaster guy been MIA, maybe someone should tell him how behind the 8 ball he already is ......let's get moving already

He spoke in buffalo and rochester last week

Yes I saw a 30 second clip on the news, and read two paragraphs in the TU.

I walked down the hall and quietly asked 7 people what his name was, only one knew it and the only person knew him as a " guy from Westchester".

This is a professional office with educated well read individuals.

He needs to be getting his name out there better.