New Video - Creepin' In

Another quality vid DWO!

That's a lot of freakin' gear to be hauling around to film that hunt... but that was some sweet footage covering all those angles!

You have no idea and if you think that is bad you should see our battery charging ROOM! Some hunters have a trophy room, we have a charging room.

Thanks for watching!

Edited by downwindoutdoors

Freekin' Awesome! My heart was racing, like I was there with you!  :biggrin:

Have you guys considered doing a "How to video" for our NY coyotes, maybe during the off season? Like what works best for you guys, tricks that you've learned, best places to call, etc... I must suck, as I've gone out many times over the years, but have only called in 1 coyote (that I know of). I've only gone out during daylight hours, but you guys seem to have no problem calling them in during the day!

• Like 2

So what's the deal guys. Are you getting this hobby to pay off yet? Any spots on TV? The quality and content are certainly as good as anything I've seen on TV, plus the subject matter being eastern coyotes makes it a very rare critter and surroundings to see on TV and is something I'm sure that a lot of viewers have been looking for.

You guys obviously know what the heck you are doing, and I would expect instructional videos would be real popular. We do have some uniqueness here in the northeast that requires different tactics and procedures than those instructional videos from the westerners. Things like scouting, call selection and usage, set-up, all are things that would help out a lot of predator hunters and I'm sure people would pay good money to get that kind of help.

So what's the deal guys. Are you getting this hobby to pay off yet? Any spots on TV? The quality and content are certainly as good as anything I've seen on TV, plus the subject matter being eastern coyotes makes it a very rare critter and surroundings to see on TV and is something I'm sure that a lot of viewers have been looking for.

You guys obviously know what the heck you are doing, and I would expect instructional videos would be real popular. We do have some uniqueness here in the northeast that requires different tactics and procedures than those instructional videos from the westerners. Things like scouting, call selection and usage, set-up, all are things that would help out a lot of predator hunters and I'm sure people would pay good money to get that kind of help.

We started DWO with the main goal being to try to produce the highest quality videos on the internet. Over the years, we haven’t strayed far from that goal and we hope you agree. We decided to never make our passion for hunting about money, instead keeping it just a fun hobby. We have thought about coming out with a DVD collection but were unable to due to all of the hidden costs and no guarantee of breaking even. Since then, we have had some TV hosts come out to film with us as an alternative. Down the road you will see DWO make some TV appearances, but for the most part, we will still just enjoy putting our footage on YouTube.

In upcoming news, we plan to release instructional videos, so stay tuned for those.

Overall, we want to say thank you to our fans for the great words of encouragement on our work.

• Like 5

definitely a different set of challenges, filming a hunt.  lots of money into that camera gear... see you used an actual camera instead of a Go-Pro for the one angle.  Great video though.  it really shows.  thanks for sharing.

Pretty darn neat!  I like how the shooter stayed cool when she hung up with the tree in front or her vitals.  Cool a s a cucumber....................................... :good:

NOT my strong suit.  I'd have tried to mow that tree down......................... :biggrin:

DWO,

it's a lot like the music business. Generating enough cash flow to maintain the gear and upgrade now and then keeps you interested and moving. Jumping in with both feet can turn you off in a hurry.

Burning 500 dvd's to put in local shops and on the web shouldn't be a whole lot of money. Heck, a bored high-school kid on summer break might do it for a chance to hunt with you next season. Next year it's a few more copies, or another short run of a new one. You could probably sell a few dozen right here.

The Grateful Dead wasn't started as a money-making venture, it just turned out that way because of the passion they all had for what they did. I'm not a huge fan of their music, but they sure got the business end of it right. Grassroots marketing. JMO, good luck with the venture.

Mark

• Like 1