got this guy on trail cam on April 21st and had a bird that looked just like him at about 30 yards yesterday. he would not commit to the jake and hen decoys and then walked away, stopped and gobbled once, and then walked away for good. no shot with the bow. this was at 10:45 am.

had another long beard come in 45 minutes later and he acted similar to the first bird. this time got to 22 yards standing behind a tree. 1 step to my left and I would have had a shot op; but again did not get a bow shot at him as he walked off, strutted a little but would not come back in.

not sure the decoys are helping me. so many other stories of birds coming right to them.

while I was very disappointed not getting a shot off, it was still a great hunt. it's not supposed to be easy.

570wtrmkP1310394.jpg

• Like 5

Very sweet that would be a cool mount. Keep at it good luck.Turkey hunting with the bow is a blast

What kind of dekes are you using? One suggestion would be just try the hen next time...there might be a boss gobbler in the area and they all got the crap kicked out of each other and they dont want to get beat up again

• Like 1

The Sound of A Gobble makes my heart pump faster than anything!

Such an awesome picture! What kind of trail cameras are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of his cameras are homebrew i believe

• Like 1

NYS Trooper Joel R. Davis

EOW: 7/9/2017