Yates county hammered with a lot of rain?

burmjohn

I work in Penn Yan and had to drive through the mess last night!!! I saw the flood waters coming down route 364 at 12:30 AM and can tell it was just was unbelievable, many roads were washed out and lots of debris left on the roads such as big rocks and chunks of wood. For a while I thought I was going to be stranded...

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

Read online that Penn Yan got hit hard and some areas got 5" of rain and others up to 9". Reminded me of the flood down here near Binghamton in 2011. Hope everyone is OK. Any members on here from thAt area?

That general area is not far from me. We had some nasty lightning going on, but that was about it.

Anybody in the area that needs chainsaw help with downed trees, give me a shout. I have no way to haul 'em but I can make 'em into smaller pieces pretty quickly.

This storm went just north of me when it crossed Seneca Lake, I seen parts of Seneca County in the Ovid/Interlaken area got hammered. I had a friend that had almost 3 foot of water in his basement. You could just see how high the water was in the ditches by all the grass knocked down, and all the debris on the roads.  We are under watches for severe weather till Fri.

I have a hunting spot just off Keuka south of PY. My buddy's family lives all along a hilly road leading down to the lake. I haven't heard about any issues because they live mid-high on the hill, but the pics look really bad. Not a fun experience.