DECALS System??????

Lawdwaz

Successful hunters, how was your experience with the DECALS System when reporting your kill?

The system (phone) had trouble when I spoke the County "Wyoming" and got stuck a couple times.  After a few tries it finally said "hang on for a real person, your wait time is three minutes or less" 7-8 minutes later I got a guy who took all the info down and gave me a reference number. 

You'd think they could get this system working properly............................. :angry:

I KNOW I had trouble at least two times last fall reporting deer. 

I had trouble reporting my sons Jake. It took several tries over a two day period. The worst part is I was trying to show my son how to do it and failed miserably. I am sure in his 12 year old brain he had some sarcastic comments for the DEC.

i had to do it 3x with my nephew to report his bird.my bird i got done 1st time but i learned just to use manual spelling than speeking, i know the post office is a rip off but a report card drop in the mail was so much better imo.

• Like 1

For those that don't know,  they changed the system (must have been FUBAR?) for the phone reporting so that you can speak the name, date, county, WMU etc. instead of entering the info. via the key pad.  Seems that must have been too much for some people to do so they tried to simplify things up........... :fie:

In the future I'll do it via the web.  Maybe we can get Amazon to run the damned site.............. :biggrin:

worked fine with me. it sent me right to a person in Albany. She said it was new this year (interacting with a actual person instead of the computer). I knew this system was coming for a while now as I am a former DEC employee in Region 7. It will take a while to get the kinks out as always.

Yikes- I just tried reporting my kills online but found I couldn't access my harvest report any longer via my tag ID #.

It also didn't recognize any email/passwords created.(I don't think I ever set that up or ever needed to)

Next I phoned it in and had trouble with it translating what I was speaking so I tried manually typing the information on the keypad which apparently didn't work any better.

Without warning or any estimated wait time announced, someone picked up the line and recorded my harvests through an actual phone conversation.

Glad that's done and over with. For some reason I thought we had 10 days to report, but it's only 7.

My first bird was on it's 7'th day today. :fie: