When do you trim your shooting lanes ?

fasteddie

I usually wait until about a month before season opens to do this . I know others that preach doing it months in advance . I have learned to trim sparingly as what leaves you see in September are often gone in October and your cover is negated .

• 2 weeks later...

Went to camp today! ;D ....deer beds under all my stands...kicked up a doe and fawn laying on trail and when I finished my rifle stand and climbed to sit a spell saw a huge doe straight in front of me 200 yrd open shot...this is a new stand in an apple orchard ...loaded with late dropping apples and thorn apples....I can't wait!

I went down to Walworth to check on a stand today and almost got carried away by the Skeeters ! They were nasty !

Bad year for skeeters. It's a lot damper than other years and excellent breeding conditions for those little guys. Most other years, we have had a substantial stretch of drought by now. My shooting range (gun) and archery range are both in the woods and I haven't gotten a lot of shooting done this year because of those things.

Doc