What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

25 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

I think the name is Polish, it's cabbage leaves stuffed with seasoned ground meat and rice, baked in tomato sauce. 

Oh ok, my parents use to make tons of it when I was younger. Loved it. Haven't had in years

• Like 1

"awaiting fresh buttered french bread" and my arrival.
Sounds like a winner growie........tonight (and every night for the past ten days) I'm cooking dinner.  My wife is on her way back from Florida where she has been for the past ten days, getting her father out of rehab.  Their plane lands around 5:30.  The meatloaf is ready to jump into the oven, potatoes are boiling and broccoli is prepped for the big steam job.
My FIL loves meatloaf and after about three weeks of hospital then rehab facility SOS he'll appreciate all my efforts for sure.  He is leaving his winter home of almost 30 years for the final time.  Pretty rough deal for him...........AND us. 

If my wife left for ten days I'd be the one in rehab
  • Like 1

OK. I have to ask. Why are berbere wings so popular? I never thought of Ethiopia as a big place for food. Much less a mecca for chicken wing recipes. What makes them so popular? The spice/heat? Sweetness? Is it like a Caribbean Jerk flavor? 

Goat is only place we've seen them. Crispy , gentle spice level , honey yogurt dipping sauce ties it all together. Made them in the smoker once, good but not quite the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Goat is only place we've seen them. Crispy , gentle spice level , honey yogurt dipping sauce ties it all together. Made them in the smoker once, good but not quite the same.

There are tons of recipes on the web for the spice mixture. One even has a recipe for the yogurt sauce. I will have to look up the link again.

After some searching, there was another place that offered them. Theas. Also said they aren't open anymore. Was/Is in East Aurora????

The crispy comes from either a deep fryer or a ton of oil on the skin.

• Like 1

Glad you're enjoying the venison. Wife like it too ?
That looks really good

She likes backstraps and stew when it's super tender. She's not a big Steak person in general

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

She likes backstraps and stew when it's super tender. She's not a big Steak person in general

Take a couple of steaks , cut into bite sized pieces , hit with that dry rub , dab of cream cheese and wrap and toothpick with a third piece of bacon. Throw in oven til bacon done. I usually do on smoker this way. Divine 

• Like 2

Froze the bean soup for a later date.
Made a beef roast, spaghetti squash, and zucchini. Over cooked the roast by about 20 minutes, ticked me off. Ran out of EVO for the squash and zucchini so had to run to the store. It was still good though.

rbsz.jpg

Getting fancy!