What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

325 plus drinks and menu supplements totals came to around $950

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I had not heard of the restaurant until I mentioned it to the wife. We have the French laundry coffee table cookbook His sister restaurant in Napa valley. We were in Napa valley as a leg of our honeymoon 20 years ago but being newlyweds no way we could afford that lol.

• Like 1

I could never  consider any food worth that much...not even once in my life. Looks nice,artful, I'm sure smelled wonderful,no doubt taste was sublime. Though it will look and smell no better than my cooking in the "end"kolobok_wink.gif

It's all relative though. I'm sure there's something you spent a grand on that chefhunter would never spend a grand on.

But regarding your cooking, unless you went to some high end culinary school and worked many years as a chef, There is no way your food looks and tastes as good as a top restaurant. Of course, everyone cooks to their specific liking but you can't compare your talent to a high end chef.

Think of it this way, a top end chef can make any meal you pick pretty good. But if the same chef picked a random meal for to you cook, would it still be just as good?

It's all relative though. I'm sure there's something you spent a grand on that chefhunter would never spend a grand on.
But regarding your cooking, unless you went to some high end culinary school and worked many years as a chef, There is no way your food looks and tastes as good as a top restaurant. Of course, everyone cooks to their specific liking but you can't compare your talent to a high end chef.
Think of it this way, a top end chef can make any meal you pick pretty good. But if the same chef picked a random meal for to you cook, would it still be just as good?

Agreed biz, I'm sure grow's food is very good, but even myself who did go to a high end culinary school. I can for sure replicate and make everything I ate the other night. But that's not what it's about, it's about the Genius in some of the dishes. Just because I can make them with a recipe. I could never come up with some of those things on my own. And yes grow that is a lot of money to spend on food, but when you have dedicated most of your adult life to something spending that kind of money for a expirence really isn't that much. P.s. My wife is a chef too

• Like 3

Not what I said Biz..read that again and figure out why I put  in the "END" in quotes...Lol

BTW, I would never compare me food to a train chiefs,I'm more a dinner type cook. My subtly was  tad too subtle I guess

Edited by growalot

It all flushes the same lol.

Yes grow in the end it all turns to shit but that's not what it's about, it's more like going to your favorite concert.

Turkey Napa is amazing. Has your wife ever made Any thing from the French laundry cook book ?

Not what I said Biz..read that again and figure out why I put  in the "END" in quotes...Lol
BTW, I would never compare me food to a train chiefs,I'm more a dinner type cook. My subtly was  tad too subtle I guess

That's unacceptable potty talk at the dinner table.

• Like 1

I'm the wife and Mr B does not cook ....this wasn't meant to be offensive,though it seemed to miss it's mark ,sorry. No,I  would not pay that for a concert either. I stopped going to concerts when ticket progesterone obscenely high.

Edited by growalot

Turkey Napa is amazing. Has your wife ever made Any thing from the French laundry cook book ?

She has not. But just said she's going to look at it again. She slowly became an excellent cook and found the passion since buying the book. Likes the challenge too.

She has not. But just said she's going to look at it again. She slowly became an excellent cook and found the passion since buying the book. Likes the challenge too.

Yea if she is into sous vide that book is right up her ally

Just asked the chef here at work  if he's heard of this place. Absolutely heard of it. Said one of the best on the planet. Chef here has worked at Greenbriar golf course, Oak Hill CC, Shinnecock CC and private chef in NYC.

Where do you work that you have a chef?

3 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Where do you work that you have a chef?

Manage an 8000 sq ft golf retail store with a club fitting studio, indoor dome attached with a /café/restaurant /bar inside . Actual full menu restaurant attached to dome set to open in fall after remodel.