What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Per Se and Eleven Madison Park are consistently ranked in the top ten of restaurants in the entire world.  Not just US.  A grand maybe a bit much for me but to each their own.  Once I approach a grand, my mindset would normally wander into "where can I travel to with this money instead?".  Unfortunately I can't travel this year anyway so I guess I do have a little extra spending cash sitting around.

• Like 1

Per Se and Eleven Madison Park are consistently ranked in the top ten of restaurants in the entire world.  Not just US.  A grand maybe a bit much for me but to each their own.  Once I approach a grand, my mindset would normally wander into "where can I travel to with this money instead?".  Unfortunately I can't travel this year anyway so I guess I do have a little extra spending cash sitting around.

Agreed, and with my wife being 8 months pregnant this was our vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Moog..thanks,been there done that...and just did it again to make sure. I have te-wrotten (re-written),this 4 ,ti.es(times)  :rolleyes: screen rotation no longer works . Doesn't hold a charge..lol Can you hear me singing?...cheap,cheap,cheap,cheap..........^_^

5 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Agreed, and with my wife being 8 months pregnant this was our vacation

Congratulations!  Pretty much the same situation with me and then some.

18 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Congrats to you too, how long do you have left

ETA 9/25.  It'll be #2.  Plus I just started a new job which means I can't request vacay for a year so I can't even take one before hand.

• Like 2

So on this fall like day cold and raining...I made two dinners today for Mr B to choose from. chicken breast marinating in state fair chicken marinade , garden beets, and some other veggie with a tri-spiral pasta salad.

OR

Sausage lasagna with a tomato ,portobello mushroom,roasted red pepper sauce and several Italian cheeses with ricotta. hot buttered rolls and a baby greens mixed salad. Walnut brownies or Greek yogurt for dessert.

Bought wife a sous vide for Mother's Day
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwj88eyf0Y7UAhUXVw0KHWNxB4YYABAAGgJxYg&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASEuRosPQr7h-Teo8TD4B4NRRG2g&sig=AOD64_0OBqajMxGtVP9Zj8WC3-D3nQy0eQ&q=&ved=0ahUKEwiL0uif0Y7UAhXFTCYKHct9CzkQ0QwINQ&adurl=
May 8th bird was a beast at 23.75 pounds. Cut one breast in half. Marinated in OJ , Italian dressing and smidge of crushed red pepper for a few hours. Squeezed all air out of ziplock , set sous vide at 140 degrees for 2.5 hours. Asparagus lightly doused in olive oil , black pepper and grilled and then topped with gruyere shaved cheese , 3 potato salad , sweet potato fries with little bit of honey. Wife was very happy to come home to a nice meal handed to her as she walked thru the door after work. 6c419b1f141abe85b56d4dc53f18d44e.jpg

IMG_5596.JPG

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

Bought wife a sous vide for Mother's Day
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwj88eyf0Y7UAhUXVw0KHWNxB4YYABAAGgJxYg&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASEuRosPQr7h-Teo8TD4B4NRRG2g&sig=AOD64_0OBqajMxGtVP9Zj8WC3-D3nQy0eQ&q=&ved=0ahUKEwiL0uif0Y7UAhXFTCYKHct9CzkQ0QwINQ&adurl=
May 8th bird was a beast at 23.75 pounds. Cut one breast in half. Marinated in OJ , Italian dressing and smidge of crushed red pepper for a few hours. Squeezed all air out of ziplock , set sous vide at 140 degrees for 2.5 hours. Asparagus lightly doused in olive oil , black pepper and grilled and then topped with gruyere shaved cheese , 3 potato salad , sweet potato fries with little bit of honey. Wife was very happy to come home to a nice meal handed to her as she walked thru the door after work. 6c419b1f141abe85b56d4dc53f18d44e.jpg&key=7a9bed7fa460ef56c72d87998130a4479ab47a3fbe04f564cc9de9474cb66eed

IMG_5596.JPG

Looks great! FYI poultry needs to be cooked to 165 to be safe... but that's a awesome job