Your New Gear List

Five Seasons

Every year some new stuff comes onto the market. Every year 90% of it is crap. I like to save a few hundred to replace something old and worn or to get something I think will allow me to be more comfortable or hunt longer or more successfully.

As we get into August, what are some things you guys are scoping out or have already purchased?

After taking most of last year off due to the birth of my future hunting buddy, I'll just be happy to be in the woods again.  I'm not trying as hard this year.  Just being out there is all that I need.

I did take a long hard look at the Ares Defense SCR though.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 5

No purchased stands this year...built ones from scavenged wood...I put out the word that I need PT any PT wood...job ending and subcontractors have been good to me.... needed to unbolt several pieces but got 4 12ft 4x4's...some different sized 2x4's... so between what I had and the new stuff...12ft high by 10 'x5' platform is free and the 12 ft tree stand I built was free also...

End of season last year I got some scent blocker pants for 50%off, and so far this year I finally upgraded to a HSS Bowhunter safety harness. Up till now I've only used the free harnesses that come with new treestands. This was a much needed upgrade, putting those old style ones on in the dark is a pain. Other than that I need some broadheads and blades, perhaps a new knife.

I already bought another trail cam so that one is off the list.  I am hoping for a vacuum sealer from the wife for my birthday so I dont have to borrow my coworkers anymore.  I will most likely be buying myself a new pair of boots - current ones are beyond their useful life.  The list goes on and on but these are the realistic items for this year.