Stone's 2014 hunting thread

stoneam2006

• 2 weeks later...

Oct 12 2014

Set up.....landowner asked me to fill his doe tag as he cannot hunt due to wife's health....i donate almost every deer I shoot so this was a good way to repay him for letting us hunt his land for so long....anyway said he been seeing a group come out every night so I took the climber and set up on edge of winter wheat field....about 615 3 doe come out. About 20 yards in front of me was a puddle in field thay is always wet....the doe gradually moved toward thay puddle so I drew and held my bow for the front leg to move forward. I ended up a lil high but went thru both lungs and she dropped just 50 yards from me 10 yards outta field....great way to end my weekend....not the biggest deer but the smile on his face for some fresh venny was worth every min of it....plus got to practice on a live target for when thay big one shows....thanks for the encouragement it really helps....o and was in a hurry to get to processor so I forgot to snap some pics....

• Like 1

October 19....above 2 posts same day....sat till 930 over the scrape and rubs didn't see anything....took a nice slow walk down logging road saw about 20 deer so stopped for a bit and sit. Had a doe come in at about 30 yards but I was on ground and she pinned me quickly so couldn't get a shot...did have what I assume was a buck running back and forth in woods just outta sight when I got bored and rattled a lil bit..he was snorting and crashing thru the brush back and forth for better part of half hour but wouldn't ever show himself...was kinda cool knowing that they are starting to get excited. ....this will be my last hunt down here for a week or 2 most likely as I will be prepping to head to ADKs next weekend for a Friday thru monday hunt. I go every year but have yet to see or kill anything....but it's worth it to just be out in the big woods....

Like!!!

October 19....above 2 posts same day....sat till 930 over the scrape and rubs didn't see anything....took a nice slow walk down logging road saw about 20 deer so stopped for a bit and sit. Had a doe come in at about 30 yards but I was on ground and she pinned me quickly so couldn't get a shot...did have what I assume was a buck running back and forth in woods just outta sight when I got bored and rattled a lil bit..he was snorting and crashing thru the brush back and forth for better part of half hour but wouldn't ever show himself...was kinda cool knowing that they are starting to get excited. ....this will be my last hunt down here for a week or 2 most likely as I will be prepping to head to ADKs next weekend for a Friday thru monday hunt. I go every year but have yet to see or kill anything....but it's worth it to just be out in the big woods....

• Like 1