Wyoming 2014 Trip & Pics

BizCT

Thanks again to everyone.

Great pics....Just out of curiosity how did you get all the meat home? You must have a jam packed freezer!

This time we did not bring any meat home. Only the capes and antlers/horns.  2 years ago, we tried bringing back some backstraps and of course those boxes didn't make our connecting flight and the meat spoiled.  This time, we gave the meat of all 3 animals to our guide, who kept some for himself and gave the rest of it to the guys who work on his ranch.  It was a win-win for everyone since we didn't have to pay for butchering and they got a bunch of meat for free and were very grateful.

• Like 2

Ahh finally the post I've been skimming for! Big congrats on the father-son tag out. Now that the trip is done what's on the agenda for the next trip? Maybe up to Canada for a caribou? Awesome pics, thanks for sharing your experience.

Ahh finally the post I've been skimming for! Big congrats on the father-son tag out. Now that the trip is done what's on the agenda for the next trip? Maybe up to Canada for a caribou? Awesome pics, thanks for sharing your experience.

Been on a lot of hunts the last few years. Nothing big planned yet. Getting married next year so I got a bachelor party in miami beach and honeymoon in Hawaii next year, nothing hunting planned. I did start buying points for elk in Wyoming this year so that's a possibility down the road. I'd also like to maybe go back to Wyoming with my xbow and try to get a mule deer in velvet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice job, the memories of hunting with your Dad are the greatest trophies of all.

Yea, for sure. Although my Dad is only 60 and has many years left to hunt (hopefully), this was the first trip ever where he didn't keep up the whole time. He was a few hundred yards behind when we did some walks that covered several miles. The guide and I dragged his mule deer for him all the way to the truck since it was all up hill. Regardless, it was still better to have him there than not.

• Like 1

There are more antelope in Wyoming than there are people.

I can identify with Papa Biz.

At age 40, I was in better shape than I was at 30, because I had been a heavy smoker but quit when I was 31. At age 50, I felt as fit as I did at 40...From 50 to 60...BIG difference.

Now in my mid 60s I can still make it to the top of the mountain, but it TAKES me a lot longer....<<sigh>>...

I no longer try to keep up with the younger guys and if they offer to drag my deer, I smile and LET them...<<grin>>....

Those are some really nice animals. Good job!

On the photo with your father, those two muley bucks your holding look like they could be father and son also. Antler formation is so similar on them.

Yea they are very similar. We shot them about 3 miles apart. Although mine was bigger, my Dads was definitely older. As I mentioned before, my Dads buck had no teeth left so most likely a buck that was on the decline