Monster black bear

Grizz1219

Congratulations Grizz!!! What a huge bear! Be great to hear the story of the hunt!
Ok. Here's what I posted.

An AMAZING night last night on stand. Everyone knew when I shot a bear 2 hours into the hunt it was either a color phase or a monster black. Well. I shot a monster black!! Heard him coming from behind me. When he looked thru my brush blind at 3 feet I thought "Whoa" but when he put his head up over the log at 2 feet I about " you know what almost happened in my shorts" He knew something was wrong and ran 10 yards, turned broadside and I dropped him where he stood. Biggest bear ever taken at this outfitter. No scale but being told 450 to 500lbs. Over 80" nose to tail. I'm still in shock and feeling so blessed. Truly enjoying camp, bunch of great guys I'm with and having a ball.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Outstanding bear!!!! I hope you have a huge floor  or wall to put him on. What did you take him with? What are your plans?

I love spring bear hunting, and havent been in a number of years. I have only hunted Eastern Canada, but would love to do a coastal black bear hunt out west. 

Bs sure to do some shopping for a taxidermist...you want to be sure to get good measurements of his head size (not skull size) and pictures so the taxidermist understands what you want him to reflect...otherwise you might end up with a mount that shows a typical sized bear, not the hog you shot.

• Like 1

Outstanding bear!!!! I hope you have a huge floor  or wall to put him on. What did you take him with? What are your plans?
I love spring bear hunting, and havent been in a number of years. I have only hunted Eastern Canada, but would love to do a coastal black bear hunt out west. 
Bs sure to do some shopping for a taxidermist...you want to be sure to get good measurements of his head size (not skull size) and pictures so the taxidermist understands what you want him to reflect...otherwise you might end up with a mount that shows a typical sized bear, not the hog you shot.
Shot him with a TC Pro Hunter with my 338WM barrel. Recovered the slug to boot. Doing a half body pedestal mount to show off the body size. 2e2375d8c8e970ad8c30801405c74718.jpg

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Grizz1219 said:

Shot him with a TC Pro Hunter with my 338WM barrel. Recovered the slug to boot. Doing a half body pedestal mount to show off the body size. 2e2375d8c8e970ad8c30801405c74718.jpg

Half body mount , your going to have to build a addition . Congrats on a fantastic bear . 

• Like 1