Site seems to be back. Thank you!

47 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Old news.  Whatever happened,happened. Yes we can see how well that site is really doing.  You have what 1 every 2-3 weeks. And I would not put too much faith in your new owner seeing the dirty crap he did just to get the few that left here over there. Stand up kinda guy. The funny part is is that the same ones who lived on this site daily are the only ones living on that site. 

You forget, John started this site in a very similar situation.  Old site was having issues, he decided to start his own, sound familiar? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mowin said:

You forget, John started this site in a very similar situation.  Old site was having issues, he decided to start his own, sound familiar? 

He went trolling on other hunting sites to get people??  I guess if that’s the case you know what kind of guy your working with over there. 

12 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Matt waited almost 2 Years to get the Ball Rolling. He saw the Red Flags of an absent/ uncaring owner who left his 2 remaining Mods in the Dark..

And who says one cannot be active on 2 NY Sites?!

You and,I don't  get along.  However there are solid people that,I like here and ,I post always on a regular  basis.  And with 5 Followers- my varied content is read by many. Another is coming soon.

You so full of crap it’s hilarious. That guy came in this site badmouthing an already  ad situation for his gain. Period. And nobody cares who gets on where but you spew your crap about how bad this site is/was and we’re even recruiting people to go there. You should have been the first one John or Eddie cut. And yes I’m sure you have a pile of people interested in your you tube videos of other hunters and how you are so strong and can Kung fu the world.  Actually I believe you heard the same thing on the other site of how people there could not wait to enjoy your banter. You should start one of those personal daily activities to share. Would be entertaining. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

If you would have been around with those few the last 13 years you would understand. Not important now but reading their posts some of us are living rent free in their heads. 

Benn around since the beginning. Still don't understand. 

1 hour ago, WAWMedia said:

I'm here and open to having a discussion with you or anyone on the matter (assuming this doesn't get deleted).  I'm OK with you calling me names or labeling my actions, however you may not have read my previous posts here explaining the precise reasoning for what I did and its respective timeline. 

It's clear this site lacks ownership, it's also clear there are those who would have liked to join it for over a year but cannot, and it's also clear there are those here who have trouble with their accounts and can't get it resolved.  Your answer to all that is what exactly?  Ignore those members and potential members like the owner has?  Ignore the mods of this site like the owner has?  And that's somehow good for the site and those people or is it only good for you and that's all that matters?

I didn't come here to troll or poach members, I came here after 2 years of trying to contact the owner with zero response to try and offer a solution to both new and existing members.  Everyone could see what was happening, I'm not saying anything that isn't already well known and hiding/deleting it doesn't magically make it go away.  I was very respectful in my approach, but was shown zero respect in return from the owner in garnering a response (just as the mods and members here have been shown zero respect in return for their own attempts to reach the owner).  Fine, he doesn't want to answer a potential buyer of the site, but to ignore his mods and members for such an extended period surely indicates both a lack of care and a relative abandonment of the site.  Again, your answer is what?  Create a selfish island for your own goals and ignore everyone else?  That's very nice of you.  I won't deep dive into the other issues members here experienced, but defending or "forgetting" any of that is equally baffling.  Minimally it should be addressed and resolved, not ignored and swept under the rug as you suggest.  Even with the site crashing, the owner hasn't been logged into this site as an Admin since September 20, 2021 or as a moderator since October 7, 2020.  If that doesn't tell you all you need to know, I don't know what will.

So despite your claims and assumptions, I'm trying to create and offer something positive for everyone to enjoy while also being involved and active to address any issues.  And yes, new sites take time, but we have a great set of members there and equally great content that will continue to grow.  Everyone is welcome, and as you'll see, there is no "banning of mentioning this site" there.  If you guys are happy here, that's all good, I want you to enjoy your experience no matter where it is.  However for those who aren't, or those who need help but can't get it, or those who are new and can't even get on, they have (had) no other option...so I created that option.

Wishing you all the best no matter where you are, stay safe and shoot straight!

So you think I have something to gain from this site? HaHa. Best one yet. Your recruitment of who you recruited was my only gain.  I could care less that you started a site but to say you didn’t come on here trolling for members is straight up Bull. You will probably say you don’t find it straight up funny that some of your new members that badmouthed this site, its members and it’s owners can’t keep this site or people off their lips on your site. 

33 minutes ago, WAWMedia said:

I guess our definitions of "troll" may differ?  My intention was to create awareness not just for the members here who could log on but had few to interact with anymore, but also those who couldn't log on anymore and those who couldn't even register.  That's the bigger picture.  Again, you'd prefer to leave them hanging, wanting a solution, asking for a solution over and over, and no one providing one?

Regarding the criticisms of this site, it can't possibly be surprising those who were looking to change the outcome of this site have something to say about its situation over the last couple years.  They're understandably upset by what transpired, as they should be, as you too should be too.  Maybe you didn't buy a t-shirt and get left hanging.  Maybe the principle of all that doesn't matter to you, but it does to many of them.  Asking a question about a problem you're having on the site and not receiving any form of reply despite repeated attempts matters to many of them, as it should.

I do understand your argument however, I do understand the optics, and I did consider those when I posted, just as I consider them when I'm posting now.  I think me posting is necessary in the best interest of the members and potential members.  Somehow you don't agree with that and are on the other side of the fence, which is OK, we're all entitled to our opinions and positions.  I just wish you'd look through the other lens and try to understand those other members and potential members, look less at me or the other site and more at them (which is why that site exists).

That’s all well and good.  So they’re pizzed off at the site. The owners and even the members yet they continue to come back and continue to talk about the same on another site?  After how many years now??  Senseless. Not happy and left?  Then Leave and leave those that wish to stay so much the better. 

28 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

After how many years now??  Senseless. Not happy and left?  Then Leave and leave those that wish to stay so much the better. 

It is not enough that they now have a forum that is setup the way they wanted, there are some of the malcontents that also want to see this site fold.

As far as I am concerned this site is the best it has ever been and has one of the biggest and best hunting  contents on the web with plenty of folks going through and reading it every day.

It would be even better if the trolls would just stay away and bask in the utopia they always professed to want instead of popping in here and stirring the pot and keeping things festering.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, airedale said:

It is not enough that they now have a forum that is setup the way they wanted, there are some of the malcontents that also want to see this site fold.

As far as I am concerned this site is the best it has ever been and has one of the biggest and best hunting  contents on the web with plenty of folks going through and reading it every day.

It would be even better if the trolls would just stay away and bask in the utopia they always professed to want instead of popping in here and stirring the pot and keeping things festering.

Al

True That. And the biggest pot stirrer on both sites is known well. It’s needing attention that’s for sure. He should take up a hobby. I hear Hunting,Fishing, Farm/Outside work is enjoyable. He should post some if he ever takes one of them up. 

25 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

True That. And the biggest pot stirrer on both sites is known well. It’s needing attention that’s for sure. He should take up a hobby. I hear Hunting,Fishing, Farm/Outside work is enjoyable. He should post some if he ever takes one of them up. 

How do have time to post if you got a 1000 acres to Hay!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, First-light said:

How do have time to post if you got a 1000 acres to Hay!

1000! Acres plus to farm. Not all just hay. It’s not real tough sitting in a 100 grand Deere tractor with ice cold Ac, Air ride and Auto steering. Just type in the GPS and the tractor does the rest. Technology!!!

• Like 2

Speechless. I thought all the bickering and incessant rants were a thing of the past, now that there were two sites: ie, equal, but separate lol. Human nature, I guess. 

I propose a limit to posting. Exceed your limit, and you're cut off. That might solve some of the back-and-forth that makes these threads unreadable. 

Okay, back into my hole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I joined the other site without realizing it was "the other site".  I was searching for something and ran across it, and saw the sub sections were all named like the ones here, I thought "Oh that's why it's not working, they abandoned ship and cloned it over here."  It was only after I joined and read people knocking this board that I realized it was the other site that had been alluded to. 

Why the bashing, I don't know. Other than people being people (meaning most people suck). 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GreeneHunter said:

Hey - Fasteddie - please lock this one up , it's becoming a Pi$$ing Contest !

As the OP of this thread, I was going to ask the same a few days ago, for the same reason. But, after the initial flurry it seemed to cool off, so I didn't it bother requesting it to be locked. 

At this point; I suspect everyone knows where everyone stands, so I don't think anyone else plans or has any reason to option further. Locking it up is cool with me, but unless someone starts stirring things up again, I suspect the thread will just fade away. 

Now, back to my chickens. I hear them doing their "hey I laid and egg" song.  :  )

• Like 1