Live From The Woods 2023-2024 Edition

landtracdeerhunter

Went out with my neighbor. We both shot at the same doe and missed. Did some pushes but nothing. Sat in the lease field stand tonight it was beautiful but no deer. Need a food plot up there. While doing my pushes I found two dead heads. Also a view from the stand. 

IMG_4926.jpeg

IMG_4929.jpeg

• Like 3

A little drizzle and light Southeast breeze. Starting to ice coat exposed surfaces coming in.  Nice encounter with a buck this morning that lost his antlers.   Sorry, no pic.  Some doe that wandered in. Happy New Year. One more Holiday hunt day to go.

IMG_20231231_163859969.jpg

IMG_20231231_164024646.jpg

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, First-light said:

Went out with my neighbor. We both shot at the same doe and missed. Did some pushes but nothing. Sat in the lease field stand tonight it was beautiful but no deer. Need a food plot up there. While doing my pushes I found two dead heads. Also a view from the stand. 

They look like they've been around for a while. And, it's interesting how different the characteristics are between the two racks.

• Like 1

Had a Fisher cat run right up to the base of my tree stand this am. He had his front two paws on the bottom step of my climbing sticks. I waved at him. He showed me his teeth. I showed him my crossbow. He reluctantly trotted off.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, buffalojay83 said:

Had a Fisher cat run right up to the base of my tree stand this am. He had his front two paws on the bottom step of my climbing sticks. I waved at him. He showed me his teeth. I showed him my crossbow. He reluctantly trotted off.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I would not have liked that when the teeth thing happened.  Lol.  I’ve seen them scoot up a tree in no time flat hunting squirrels. 

1 hour ago, First-light said:

Didn't get out. Maybe one last sit tonight by the corn. Been a long season for sure!

Gotta love how you give it all until the end. I am that way myself if the cards don’t fall in my favor some years. My goal is a couple top of the class mature bucks and a doe or two and I’m out on to other outdoor games. I was lucky enough to get that done fairly early this fall.  Give em hell tonight!!!

• Like 1

I never made it out today I just did not have it in me. The weekend was a mess. Saturday morning when I left my house I accidentally left my toiletry bag at home which I didn't realize until after I took my contacts out and tossed them. So Sunday morning instead of hunting I went back to bad because I cant see a damn thing without glasses or contacts. Then the slide motor on my 2020 camper took a dump so I had to crawl under that and manually bring it in. Not a huge deal but annoying none the less. My wife was with me at camp but we both had our vehicles their so she drove my truck with the camper hooked up and we went back today to get her car. 

It was a fitting end to a crap season. Tag soup for me. 

• Sad 1

Beautiful afternoon so quiet but crunchy in the woods. Didn't see a thing until about 4:45. Two yearling eating grass under the power lines on my leased property. Stalked up to about 50 yards and bid them a good winter. lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

If like to thank the administrator(s) for adding the 2024 onto the title of this thread. Your effort is appreciated by me, and I know by others on this site for all your efforts.

Had to add 24 because of the holiday hunts. Wonder if they will put an end to that hunt?  Seasons could be cut in some areas. 

Just finished up processing the last 4 doe our group got this weekend.  

Glad it's over, but yet going to miss it 

Ya, I know... Squirrel, trout, turkey. Just not the same as deer season. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Had to add 24 because of the holiday hunts. Wonder if they will put an end to that hunt?  Seasons could be cut in some areas. 

I hope they don't, it didn't really change how many deer id shoot, just made me want to save a tag for it. I actually enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. Probably because of the near perfect weather. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

I hope they don't, it didn't really change how many deer id shoot, just made me want to save a tag for it. I actually enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. Probably because of the near perfect weather. 

I save two tags just for the holiday season. It's a different type of hunt. No pressure at all, just a group of guys having a good time.  Weather during the holiday hunt these past 3 seasons has been helpful. Not bitter cold, sometimes a little too warm. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mowin said:

I save two tags just for the holiday season. It's a different type of hunt. No pressure at all, just a group of guys having a good time.  Weather during the holiday hunt these past 3 seasons has been helpful. Not bitter cold, sometimes a little too warm. 

this is the first time I went out, I didn't hear another shot or see another person beside my hunting partner the last day. Deer were acting like they do in bow season again completely normal. 

• Like 1