Arrow Question

DirtTime

It seems like most folks in here are shooting some high end gear, but, I have a question.

Being on a tight budget for my bow gear this season, I decided to try the Carbox Express Wolverine Hunter in 5060, with 125's on the dangerous end.

For a cheaper arrow, at $5.50 a peice, they seem to be doing pretty well for me. They fly straight, and even after putting one almost to the fletching through a 1/2 inch sheet of roofing grade plywood, it still flies true. I like them better then the old XX75's I used to use.

Has anyone here ever used them? What did you think?

I know price don't matter. Most times. I asked because when I was doing the research, they got pretty high reviews. For being a Wally-World arrow. When I called CE they said they do infact make the arrows and try to uphold the warranty.

I was just curious if anyone else used/tried them and what their thoughts were. 

I got hooked on easton h series arrows the last 2 years, you can get a dozen aftermath shafts for 50$ on archerytalk and there tough as nails. I bought the nemisis arrows because I thought they look cool and are nearly identical in weight, just as tough. They also give me a little bit more clearance

Edited by Hock3y24

@firehunter48: If they will lodge in 1/2 roofing treated plywood, took me 20 minutes to carefully tap it out with a mallet, and it still shoots like the rest, I doubt they will break. I am using the 40-70# 30"ers. I won't swear by them as I am just getting back into bow hunting, but I will say thay out shot my old XX75's. They were like $150 a dozen. Back in the early '90's.

@stoneam2006: I haven't had an issue with the knocks or incerts yet. I have shot the same 6 arrows DF for two weeks. About 500 shots. I have no doubt about the arrow. Tomorrow I will re-test with my broadheads. Just to make sure they still hit with my fingers. By that I mean accurate. I have no qualms about taking a deer with these arrows.

I agree, an arow doesn't need to cost $56.99 for one to be good.

I tried Eason DaTorch and switched back to Beeman ICS hunter pro's in 400 just because those particular arrows had a perfect paper tune after the bow was tuned with a new string.  Still expensive but now I buy them in bulk or on sale when possible.

They will work if you do your part. I made my longest shot(50yds) on a doe 3 years ago using them. She was dead almost before I dropped my bow arm.

I've been using Easton carbon raiders for two years. Next year will be new everything

Edited by PREDATE

They will work if you do your part. I made my longest shot(50yds) on a doe 3 years ago using them. She was dead almost before I dropped my bow arm.

I've been using Easton carbon raiders for two years. Next year will be new everything

Using what? Easton or CX?

@firehunter48: If they will lodge in 1/2 roofing treated plywood, took me 20 minutes to carefully tap it out with a mallet, and it still shoots like the rest, I doubt they will break. I am using the 40-70# 30"ers. I won't swear by them as I am just getting back into bow hunting, but I will say thay out shot my old XX75's. They were like $150 a dozen. Back in the early '90's.

@stoneam2006: I haven't had an issue with the knocks or incerts yet. I have shot the same 6 arrows DF for two weeks. About 500 shots. I have no doubt about the arrow. Tomorrow I will re-test with my broadheads. Just to make sure they still hit with my fingers. By that I mean accurate. I have no qualms about taking a deer with these arrows.

I agree, an arow doesn't need to cost $56.99 for one to be good.

Yea rob I very well could have just gotten a bad arrow only one had the insert come out but I seam to lose nocks constantly but still a good arrow for the price I have no issue with them

I've been using the carbon express wolverine 6070s for a couple years and they fly as good as any of the other arrows I've shot.  Don't like to shoot at the same bulls-eye twice with them from inside 40 yds, as I hate having to replace vanes. 

Only thing I don't like are the nocks.  About half of them aren't glued in very well, nocks get loose after a couple shots, and have left a nock on the string when pulling the arrow off a couple times.  Most nocks are not aligned with the cock vane either, and have to spend some time realigning them before shooting for vane clearance on the rest.  At least their poor nock cement makes this a little easier.