I Need Your Help....

growalot

MY heart is breaking...I got a call just now from the elderly guy that really needs deer meat for winter....I explained I'm really trying..it's the worst season that I have ever had...he even offered me 2 more tags...I feel like crying.

So please send some prayers to what ever hunting God's You can think of to send me a doe or two....I don't care if I even see a buck this season as long as I can help these families out...all well wishes and good thoughts will truly be appreciated....I may take x bow and either or tag to camp for a try

Edited by growalot

Is he on welfare? Maybe some people can throw in some $ for this guy so he can buy food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also maybe hit up the local markets for donations. Put up a flyer asking for people to help out. Canned goods, meat, potatoes, veggies..etc..

Biz Ohhh no...That would never happen...that's why I worded the notice as I did...to let ppl in need know they were helping me out...so they'd be willing to except the venison...these ppl...would not except anything less.we have food banks...meals on wheels and senior center lunches..

The clerk said it generated a lot of interest yet only 4 ppl called

I wish these venison donation places would take names of people in need from people who know who they are......I don't donate anything because I enjoy the meat, but would gladly give it up to a local family who really needs it but is to proud to ask or stand in line at a food pantry.

• Like 1

MY heart is breaking...I got a call just now from the elderly guy that really needs deer meat for winter....I explained I'm really trying..it's the worst season that I have ever had...he even offered me 2 more tags...I feel like crying.

So please send some prayers to what ever hunting God's You can think of to send me a doe or two....I don't care if I even see a buck this season as long as I can help these families out...all well wishes and good thoughts will truly be appreciated....I may take x bow and either or tag to camp for a try

I have a pile of pork from the hog I shot March of last year.  My wife didn't like it so we didn't use it that much of it, your neighbor would be more than welcome to it.  It is vacuumed sealed......................

I'm heading east tomorrow to Canadice and meet you or him somewhere along the way.  I take Rt 20 to Avon then go south.  I could continue to Lima, then go south or take 63 from 20 to20A then 15A if any of that alphbet soup works.  :)

PM me if you'd like.

Edit to add......I think there is a bunch of ground and bulk sausage.

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 2

im in the same boat to grow! i have a family that can really use it as well and im trying hard to punch a tag for them. My wife and i already filled their fridge for them and helped them out and id love to share the harvest with a family that would put it to good use. Just sucks, the one year i really want to punch a dmp and i couldnt even buy a deer right now. by far my most troubling season to date. keep positive tho! it can go from a horrible season to dragging one out in 30 seconds so stay positive and saddle up!

PM' s..sent...lots of good ppl here...lots of offers of help as well as prayers...makes me feel better...I know I'll get the deer one way or another for these guys...just the call threw me last night...he sounds so sad...realized it was home # not one I'd given out...I think him asking me to hold off for cold weather than the snow and no word ....made him think I'd forgotten him...I fear ppl in his life have forgotten him...he checked a couple of times on my still having his #

Thanks to everyone...one way or another we'll gidder done!