Rut Report Thread

Canis Latrans

8J the smaller bucks are beating each other up real bad, I watched 3 good fights this am and had 3 bucks running a doe around at 100mph came by my stand in blur of grunting, out of breath and heavy panting That was at 8 am this morning, I dont think you could have stopped them with a semi truck

4P  I've seen alot of bucks the last 4 days I hunted.  None of them were following does.  I think I have only found 15 rubs and 1 scrape so far.  The bucks would stop to me grunting, bleating and I even tried a snort wheeze,  but none made any progress in my direction.  Good luck to all!

In 4 H over the last four days I have seen that the bucks are close to the does but the does are not quite in estrus yet. The younger bucks are chasing the does relentlessly and the more mature bucks look like they are getting very impatient. But I have not seen a doe stand ready for a buck yet. This could very well be an epic opening day on Saturday when those first does are ready to stand for the bucks. I'm hoping to see a flurry of activity for a few days before the bucks get lost with the does. Be safe and good luck to everyone in gun season! 

Been hunting mornings and evenings past few days and nothingbut does alone,,,  in 9F .

Today first morning light  saw does getting chased in field by smaller buck, saw a lone buck seeking at 830am. Looks like the chase is finally on.

I already took a buck and a doe with my bow this year, but yesterday was out scouting a "new" area in 4J. I still can take another buck with my bow during reg season in 4J plus i have another DMP. I came across 6 fresh scrapes all in a 100 yrd area.

Around what area of 4J you hunting?

Isnt it a bit crowded?

I havent seen much in 3N, 3S, or 3G while i've been out the last week. However, my buddy missed a 120's 8 point in 3N that was hot on a doe yesterday from what he told me, so maybe its heating up.

Same, haven't heard of much regarding chasing in 3N. What town in 3N does your buddy hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld