Live From The Woods 2024-2025 Edition

warm has subsided most of my daytime movement on cams. I have a feeling some bucks will be fired up on scrapes this thurs through weekend and calling may pull them in. Were heading to PA tomorrow evening for youth antlerless rifle, bringing the crossbow thurs-sat, hopefully fill that then go out with crossbow and try to get my son on his first buck. Hes dead set on 6pt or better but we have a few wonky lookin bucks with weird racks I think hed take, pa youth dont have to follow antler restrictions. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hock3y24 said:

warm has subsided most of my daytime movement on cams. I have a feeling some bucks will be fired up on scrapes this thurs through weekend and calling may pull them in. Were heading to PA tomorrow evening for youth antlerless rifle, bringing the crossbow thurs-sat, hopefully fill that then go out with crossbow and try to get my son on his first buck. Hes dead set on 6pt or better but we have a few wonky lookin bucks with weird racks I think hed take, pa youth dont have to follow antler restrictions. 

High expectations for that first buck but have to give him Kudos for wanting one of the best. Not a better feeling when you harvest a deer alone, add in a top of the class animal and it doubles…Take a mature target buck one on one and it’s out of this world. The best thing is that he has plenty of time to make any choice he decides but that first one will be special regardless what he drops the hammer on. 

• Like 3

What a night in PA! Youth rifle, got out of work at 3, got in stand at 4:30, shot doe at 5:15, ran to car, traded the rifle for the crossbow, 4 spikes chasing doe and all fighting in front of us. shot the buck at 6:05! His first buck. Prefect 30 yard shot. Saw a nice 8pt and 7 doe on drive out!

IMG_1240.jpeg

IMG_1238.jpeg

Edited by Hock3y24
  • Like 13

What a night in PA! Youth rifle, got out of work at 3, got in stand at 4:30, shot doe at 5:15, ran to car, traded the rifle for the crossbow, 4 spikes chasing doe and all fighting in front of us. shot the buck at 6:05! His first buck. Prefect 30 yard shot. Saw a nice 8pt and 7 doe on drive out!
IMG_1240.thumb.jpeg.8b00bf9e6dd8120ad8a14ea1e7a452db.jpeg
IMG_1238.thumb.jpeg.b569a337ec6760bb119def648576969e.jpeg
That's Awesome Congrats to your son!

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

We had a good afternoon. Saw a bunch of does. Had two bucks come into my stand. Young ones still hanging together. Shooter buck just out of range. Big Doe and fawn at last light. She is becoming a problem blowing up the woods. lol

• Like 3