Bull

Dom

On our way home from my brother's house my wife and I get pulled over she does not drink so she is drivingThe officer got all info and say's that he smell's alcohol in the auto he say's has anyone been drinking  I say yes Sir I have not the driver has my wife do breath test and ll good with that came to myself I get a ticket for open container WTF I was not driving and my wife doesent drink.What is the difference from opperating a cab that allows them to have open containers when a sober person is doing the rite thing by taking their husband/wife home

You didn't know you can't have an open container in a car? Lol, oh boy.

Next time try using a coffee cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do now!How ever I was under impression that the driver could not have or be under influence.I was not the driver and have for many year's rode in AUTO,s with a Beer.My ? why ticket when the driver has not been drinking and proves self not to be/No the driver did not get a ticket but I did and was not driver of auto.I dont care that I had an open beer I was not breaking or harming anyone I had a DD and that is what happened

I think the same goes if you on public property. Like a sidewalk?

I am not one to hide it.However I had a sober person driving myself home.I would be ok getting the ticket if I were in the wrong but how is an open container going to harm anyone when I am not the driver.Just 1 more way of the State controlling my life

You didn't know you can't have an open container in a car? Lol, oh boy.

Next time try using a coffee cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In away I was aware of it but did not think that being a passenger there would be a ticket involved.Everyone has said to myself dont drink and drive so I asked my wife to drive home.Had I been in a cab and not our own car it would have beeen ok to have open beer and wouldnt have gotten ticket

So,what was the stop for ? Seems like she did not get written for that,that's a plus.

Im thinking open container since it's not a moving violation means no points which is the big thing anyway .

Failure to dim highbeam's as per trooper.yes no point's just put me in a pissie mood.I am and was wrong I guess but at the same time was not driving and have a well did have clean record

sometimes something as petty as a brake light out will get you stopped, and unfortunately that may lead to bigger things....keep your car up to snuff and all you're paperwork organized and easily accessed, to many people have to fumble around digging through piles of crap to find that stuff....not very advantageous to the driver and occupants of the vehicle.

Ok so my thought.  Not sure how far it is from your home to your brothers.  But if you can not ride in a vehicle without a drink, better rethink how things are going.  Plus I am willing to bet with some under your belt the ability not to give attitude was diminished.  Do not drink in a vehicle period.  Not the cops fault you broke the law.

• Like 2

No one riding in a motor vehicle, is allowed to have an open container of any type of alcoholic beverage. One of the reasons passengers are included is because a driver could be sipping on a road pop and easily pass it off to a passenger, if pulled over.  You can even get tagged for an old empty beer can that has been rolling around on the floorboards for weeks.

Better off waiting until you get there.

Wait until NY decides it's illegal to have an open container of ANYTHING in your car while driving.  Soda, coffee, water, etc.  It's all about safety, right?  You shouldn't be distracted while driving.  No eating either.  Soon you will have to wear helmets in the car too.

These laws are major encroachments on liberties, justified with cries of safety, when they are really designed to allow law enforcement to easily arrest and convict serious offenders like drunk drivers.  But they also allow cops to extort revenue for municipalities that want to abuse innocent victims.  Many of these violations actually allow civil forfeiture of your private property in some locations.

Always take note of elected officials that support these laws and remind them it's their job to revoke them.  If enough people did that, many of these oppressive, nanny state laws would be taken off the books.  People who give up liberties to obtain security, perceived or real, deserve neither.  Besides, once you allow a little encroachment by the government, it only comes back for more.

Sorry for your bad luck, Dom..I'm a little surprised that ANY drinker in NY is not aware that it's illegal to have an OC in a vehicle.

Kinda like when I was about to board a plane a few years ago out west on my return from a hunting trip.

A guy behind me going through security had a damn BOWIE KNIFE in his carry on...

Needless to say, the bells and whistles went off after that !

You have to wonder where that dude has BEEN since 9/11....

Living under a ROCK, perhaps ?

It is against the law but it yet another example of a dumb law. As long as the driver is not intoxicated who cares if the passengers are drinking? Just another way for the cops to write more tickets and get more money so they can hire more cops to write more tickets to get more money.....

were you drinking when you typed that entire thing without a "."?

Punctuation man!  lol.

My punctuation is off most every thing I type.