Screw in steps

faust1578

no idea.... all I know is I used to use screw steps but here and there they'd get ahead of me.  tree would grow into them too much to unscrew them.  also you need a lot of them.  when you unscrew them a little or take them out and put them back in they aren't as tight. now I use individual climbing sticks and they're way easier.  that's on private land.  on public land I always use my climber as it's less to haul into a spot.  if you leave anything it gets stolen.  also it doesn't tip others off to where you're hunting.  it will kill the tree eventually on public land because you have to remove them after each season. 

• Like 1

Who exactly do you thinks gives a crap if you screw a step into a tree really! Why are they even made then? It's ok to use them on private land but not public. I mean listen to yourself! Once again the question was how much was the penalty! Why do you some of you guys feel that your OPINIONS matter. Can't wait for the replies.

I have a friend ;) that uses screw in steps on state land in the ADKS takes them out after he is done. But "he" also doesn't set his cruise at 64mph on the highway and one time he loaded 8 rounds in his 10/22. so "he" is sort of an outlaw![/quote

Nice breaking the law,breaking the law lol!

Who exactly do you thinks gives a crap if you screw a step into a tree really! Why are they even made then? It's ok to use them on private land but not public. I mean listen to yourself! Once again the question was how much was the penalty! Why do you some of you guys feel that your OPINIONS matter. Can't wait for the replies.

You ask a question and after getting several state responses state ,  "Why do you some of you guys feel that your OPINIONS matter."

If you are dissatisfied with the responses , why don't you call the DEC and get their response ? And while you are at it , tell them how stupid you think it is that having screw in steps in a tree being illegal . Then you have your answer !

• Like 1

You ask a question and after getting several state responses state , "Why do you some of you guys feel that your OPINIONS matter."

If you are dissatisfied with the responses , why don't you call the DEC and get their response ? And while you are at it , tell them how stupid you think it is that having screw in steps in a tree being illegal . Then you have your answer !

Already did call and got my answer. This is right now is just entertaining! With the exception of a few members here who understood the question, I will never post a question again! Happy Thanksgiving too all!

Already did call and got my answer. This is right now is just entertaining! With the exception of a few members here who understood the question, I will never post a question again! Happy Thanksgiving too all!

Did you offer to pay ahead?

Edited by SteveB
  • Like 2

Nope!

Do us all a favor and stick to your public land spots.

If you can't follow a very simple rule there, I don't expect you would be very considerate of a landowners request of how he would appreciate you behave on his private property.

Public land is shared by many other outdoor enthusiasts year round outside of hunting season. By giving other groups the wrong impression of how hunters treat the land that has been set aside for everyone isn't going to do any of us any good.

Guys with your "who gives a shit" attitude don't usually last long on private land before they're sent packing and that should piss off anyone who's ever been denied access due to landowners perception of how "hunters" treat land that is not their own.

Edited by wooly
  • Like 2

This one has been very entertaining.

8)

Please faust, don't stop asking questions. I am looking forward to more. I like to shake my head, rolls my eyes, and stare in disbelief....It is good to keep the human mind in wonder thinking:

"Really? Did they just ask that?" 

EDIT:

Oh, and I am selling a stand with some screw in steps. Wanna just buy the steps?

:dancer:

Edited by JustRob

He asked a simple question. I guarantee everyone here has broken the speed limit at one point in our lives. I guarantee if the punishment for speeding was the death penalty that wouldn't happen, but we all know ifts a measly fine or a warning. There is ABSOLUTLY no difference. Almost all of you are hypocrites Unless you live a perfect life and have never once knowingly broke a law.

• Like 3

He asked a simple question. I guarantee everyone here has broken the speed limit at one point in our lives. I guarantee if the punishment for speeding was the death penalty that wouldn't happen, but we all know ifts a measly fine or a warning. There is ABSOLUTLY no difference. Almost all of you are hypocrites Unless you live a perfect life and have never once knowingly broke a law.

Why does everyone bring speed limits into these debates?

The bottom line is this:

Asking in a 'more or less' style, "What's the worst that happen if I break the law?" questions get old.

If you have the will or want to break the law, do it. By all means, do it. What you do with your life is your decision. But advertising it? Yeah, that's frikin smart! Kind of like the thread I read when I was first roaming here and hadn't joined about the bullet proof vest. "Cmon! The line has to be drawn somewhere. Tolerance is one thing. Enabling is another. 

The speed limit is ABSOLUTLY relevant, it's a law. If you lost your drivers licence for 5 years for speeding very few would speed. If putting a step in our trees could cost you your hunting licence for 5 years very few would do it. But it's a small fine or a warning so people will make the decision to put a step in a tree the state owns knowing the consequences just as tomorrow I will set my cruise at 71 on the highway.

• Like 1

Where did I degrade, state faust was wrong, or otherwise really interfere with this thread? I never made a single derogatory comment. Did I?

:stop:

I made an observation, and offered to sell him tree steps. I did nothing wrong. You took the time to just hop on me, so I retaliated.