bunches of does?

nybuckboy

I been hearing that over the past few days, some hunters are beginning to see a lot of doe moving.  I hope so cause I have not been seeing much deer movement at all for a month. If the doe are herding up then the big bucks should be finding them and hanging out with them.

Any of you seeing this?

Last year, the first Sat of muzzleload, I saw 21 doe and 5 bucks all before 10am. Then the next morning about 8am, I saw 5 doe with a small 5 point buck and a mature, long beamed, 150+ class was with them. This can be the most exciting time of the year, (except it's freakin' cold).

I have noticed that it is quite normal for deer to start bunching up at this time of the season, and even earlier. That is why you can have two people hunting in the same area and one thinks the woods are lousy with deer and the other will swear there's not a deer in the woods anywhere. Chances of bumping into one of those little mini-herds can be kind of diminished, giving you a bogus assessment of the population. I've had it happen where I was getting the impression that there wasn't a deer on the hill and then all of sudden I would run into one of these deer clusters and there would be deer bouncing all over the place.

i would love to get out this sunday but im having a huge holiday party at my house... Sunday might be a recoup day and cleanup. i might want to try and get out for a evening hunt otherwise it next weekend!

i would like to see some deer herded up coming by my stand  ;)

Down here in the southern zone (Putnam Co. etc.) the weather forecast for the weekend is calling for increasing clouds Saturday and for heavy rain for Sunday. Hopefully with the approaching front the deer will be on the move. I wish it would snow!

13 does and 2 bucks this morning in a winter wheat field across from my house. all together and pawing the ground like crazy. My cousin shot a doe Wed that he jumped up. Her stomach was totally empty. I think today and tomorrow might very well pan out for deer movement

Ive been seeing big groups of deer for the last few days pretty consistently. Saw a herd of 20+ in a winter wheat field this morning on the way to work, all with their noses in the snow. Im really hoping this weekend is as good as I think it might be. Gotta get it done.