Slash arrows??

chiefbkt

Yeah, I would be really hesitant to shoot these.  My first concern would be how the arrow sits in my rest.  Where the heck are the actuating mechanisms going to be at full draw?  It appears like you'd have to shoot an arrow that was 2-3 inches longer than your current one.  I know these were just released earlier this fall so it will be interesting to see if anyone actually buys them and uses them.  They're pretty pricey too, $150 per 6.  I know it was mentioned above that a pass through would not likely result, but I think that is part of their design.  To allow for maximum carnage no matter where you hit the deer.  Seems like its an excuse for guys who routinely make poor shots on deer and don't recover it to finally be able to make a recovery from a bad shot.  If that makes any sense.  

• Like 1

OK - I will be the first to say I think its a pretty cool idea.  I shoot 80lbs and would be willing to give them a shot, but $150 for 3 hunting arrows is very pricey.  I shot rage hypos last year and they did a great job.  The only time I didn't get a ton of blood was when I had organ pieces literally falling through the wound clogging the hole.  The deer dropped quick.  That said, I probably wouldn't shell out that kind of money for arrows.

It really makes you wonder who sells more worthless crap to try to pry your money out of your pocket ..... The archery equipment industry or the fishing lure manufacturers ..... lol.

But you know, these guys will make a pile of money. They're just capitalizing on those that have to have the latest and the greatest .... lol.

• Like 2