Tragic Barn Fire in Hemlock

Lawdwaz

A couple friends had a horrible barn fire this morning (yea, Christmas morning) in the town of Richmond, village of Hemlock.  Bob & Don run the farm but who knows what will happen now.  Sad deal, hopefully some fund raisers will be put together to help them out.

If you're the praying type, let 'em fly.  Thanks  :)

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3659809.shtml?cat=565

Wow, 78 cows. That's horrible. I hope that had good insuarnce.

Pretty sure it was 64 cows but regardless it was their entire herd. 

The brother not in the video is the one I'm friendlier with, he is without a doubt the best hunter-fisherman-trapper I've ever met. 

This is the brother in the news clip with a stud ML buck.......

CIMG0261_zpsf07e354d.jpg

Bob with a fox and beaver (among MANY)........

07E9A5DD-801F-4A42-A763-0C649EE42754-198

Edited by Lawdwaz

At 5:00 am Christmas morning an Arcade ny family lost there house to fire. The tones went out and the Arcade volunteer fire department responded. The family all got out safely. When fire men and women arrrived and entered the house the realized there was no saveing the house and they had to back out and fight the fire from the outside. When leaving the house they saw the lights on the Christmas tree glowing and realized that the gifts under it had not been harmed yet. They were able to save the gifts. The family lost there house but atleast they are safe and the kids still had gifts to open. The gifts do not replace the house but atleast there was a little something good for them to hang on too thanks to the quick thinking of the volunteers [who put there Christmas on hold to help someone in need] and the glow of the Christmas tree lights.

• Like 2

Looks like some pretty generous people have been donating.   It'll sure be appreciated by the family.

https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraisers/hayton-family-farm

I have heard that many in the community have helped out at the scene too.  Some pretty good words have been spoken about the DEC and local officials too.  Nice to see such an outpouring of good people helping out other good people.

• Like 3