Gun Shops Closing

Article in today's Rochester D&C states that Jackson Guns and Ammo is out of business in Henrietta . He closed his Scottsville store earlier mainly due to the ramifications of the SAFE Act . The owner plans to open a shop in North Carolina . Pro Gun in Victor will close when the owner retires as the SAFE Act has had an impact on them also . Beikirchs sales have slowed down in East Rochester but their 2 stores just across the Pennsylvania border are doing okay .

Article in today's Rochester D&C states that Jackson Guns and Ammo is out of business in Henrietta . He closed his Scottsville store earlier mainly due to the ramifications of the SAFE Act . The owner plans to open a shop in North Carolina . Pro Gun in Victor will close when the owner retires as the SAFE Act has had an impact on them also . Beikirchs sales have slowed down in East Rochester but their 2 stores just across the Pennsylvania border are doing okay .

Yes and the archery shops in those areas are booming with business. I broke a peep this year and went to a shop down in Pike and he had a few boxes of bullets on a shelf i was checking out as i waited for repairs. He said when those are gone there will be no more. Not worth the pain in the azzzz he says!

Yes and the archery shops in those areas are booming with business. I broke a peep this year and went to a shop down in Pike and he had a few boxes of bullets on a shelf i was checking out as i waited for repairs. He said when those are gone there will be no more. Not worth the pain in the azzzz he says!

Dude, with every post you make it becomes more and more evident that nothing would make you happier than if there was NO gun season at all in this state.  If it were up to you it would be bowhunting only and the rest could take a hike.

I was in a shop last week making a purchase and the place was pretty busy...the owner said business has been pretty good lately, probably has a lot to do with location and the amount of shops in the surrounding areas..  and let's not forget that a lot of small businesses have had it pretty tough the last few years.

Dude, with every post you make it becomes more and more evident that nothing would make you happier than if there was NO gun season at all in this state.  If it were up to you it would be bowhunting only and the rest could take a hike.

Dude, This shows how much you read shit into peoples posts. I hunt every season on my own property on both ends of the state. Minus Crossbow..For now anyway!  Is bow my first choice..You bet ya!

If you think my me saying no guns during the rut is a plug for archery hunting then you headed in the wrong direction. That would be a plug for the hunted more than the hunter. 

Dude, This shows how much you read shit into peoples posts. I hunt every season on my own property on both ends of the state. Minus Crossbow..For now anyway!  Is bow my first choice..You bet ya!

If you think my me saying no guns during the rut is a plug for archery hunting then you headed in the wrong direction. That would be a plug for the hunted more than the hunter. 

I'm not reading anything into your posts.  You've made things perfectly clear time and time again of where you think hunting should go and what YOU think it's all about.   I and many others here think you're delusional, but you of course can keep talking all the nonsense you want.  You can keep thinking that you know everything, while the rest of us become more and more certain that you know squat! LOL

I'm not reading anything into your posts.  You've made things perfectly clear time and time again of where you think hunting should go and what YOU think it's all about.   I and many others here think you're delusional, but you of course can keep talking all the nonsense you want.  You can keep thinking that you know everything, while the rest of us become more and more certain that you know squat! LOL

Really...Coming from you.. You only wish you knew or had the experience that i have been smart enough to earn.  What people see is how jealous you are and try and only pick my post's apart. Sorry , Its obvious you have a long way to go.You dont want to see change because you know you dont have what it takes to keep up.  You keep working at it and those that can prove they know what they talk about and can back up their words with facts will walk you through it!  

Really...Coming from you.. You only wish you knew or had the experience that i have been smart enough to earn.  What people see is how jealous you are and try and only pick my post's apart. Sorry , Its obvious you have a long way to go.You dont want to see change because you know you dont have what it takes to keep up.  You keep working at it and those that can prove they know what they talk about and can back up their words with facts will walk you through it!  

Oh man, this is funny!  I've asked this before, what should I be jealous of?  Your mullet??  You sell a few freakin penned up deer and you think your face and mullet should be pictured under the word capitalism?  Please spare us.

The only FACTS that do NOT need any backing is that you know WAY less than you give yourself credit for.  You keep talking and we keep laughing.

Oh man, this is funny!  I've asked this before, what should I be jealous of?  Your mullet??  You sell a few freakin penned up deer and you think your face and mullet should be pictured under the word capitalism?  Please spare us.

The only FACTS that do NOT need any backing is that you know WAY less than you give yourself credit for.  You keep talking and we keep laughing.

Yeah right sweetheart. You always bring up my awesome whitetails...Something you cant have..Jealous much at all?  Right we can see.

You bring up my full head of hair( Really in a hunting forum) Let me guess. You are bald? So Sorry.  

Credit is earned and proven. I have shown and done both many times over.  I am starting to think you really do have a crush on me and want my life.  Thank god Andy let us keep our guns huh... Scary!

Trust me people do laugh about ya... I get the pm's.

Yeah right sweetheart. You always bring up my awesome whitetails...Something you cant have..Jealous much at all?  Right we can see.

You bring up my full head of hair( Really in a hunting forum) Let me guess. You are bald? So Sorry.  

Credit is earned and proven. I have shown and done both many times over.  I am starting to think you really do have a crush on me and want my life.  Thank god Andy let us keep our guns huh... Scary!

Trust me people do laugh about ya... I get the pm's.

No, YOU keep bringing them up, and how canned hunts are where hunting will eventually go.  The rest of us keep telling you that it's only a figment of your imagination and wishful thinking on your part.  You can sue us for that if you don't like it.

Go ahead and send me all these PM's you get about me.  Probably shouldn't take you too long. LOL

No, YOU keep bringing them up, and how canned hunts are where hunting will eventually go.  The rest of us keep telling you that it's only a figment of your imagination and wishful thinking on your part.  You can sue us for that if you don't like it.

Go ahead and send me all these PM's you get about me.  Probably shouldn't take you too long. LOL

Well lets see here. This thread is about gun shops closing and nothing about deer hunting. Would you like to go back on here and show everyone who was the first person to bring up any kind of high fence hunting or deer?   Here let me help you.

Posted Today, 11:47 AM

Four Season Whitetails, on 23 Jan 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:snapback.png

Really...Coming from you.. You only wish you knew or had the experience that i have been smart enough to earn.  What people see is how jealous you are and try and only pick my post's apart. Sorry , Its obvious you have a long way to go.You dont want to see change because you know you dont have what it takes to keep up.  You keep working at it and those that can prove they know what they talk about and can back up their words with facts will walk you through it!  

Now again this shows us all something. you are fixated on my deer and you must either have a problem with someone with hair or is it the style?  Would you rather i put it in a ponytail, do you like that look better in a fella?

If you think you can stick to the thread and come up with something that makes a little sense then please carry on but please go get yourself some deer and see a hair stylist and leave mine out of the conversation.

I know name calling is looked down upon here, but you are an idiot nonetheless.  I wholeheartedly and happily call you that! LOL

Go back to our posts here. You accused me of being jealous of you, so I brought up your stupid a$$ed penned deer.  Is it not the deer farm and ALL the money you make from it that YOU think I'm jealous of, or is it something else??  It can't possibly be the mullet?? As usual, you start this deer farm crap one way or another.  

I know name calling is looked down upon here, but you are an idiot nonetheless.  I wholeheartedly and happily call you that! LOL

Go back to our posts here. You accused me of being jealous of you, so I brought up your stupid a$$ed penned deer.  Is it not the deer farm and ALL the money you make from it that YOU think I'm jealous of, or is it something else??  It can't possibly be the mullet?? As usual, you start this deer farm crap one way or another.  

Oh that name calling gets me every time, digs me deep! This just shows that its  you that brings  up my great deer and my great hair again and again and like i told ya before its  a FACT and its just been shoved in your face again with more proof. I guess you want to be like Mike. I have no clue but you make it pretty simple to show who has the problem. I hope its only that your jealous because you know i am a married man right?

"Dudes" - Why don't you PM each other . No one wants to read this back and forth BS which has little to do , if anything , with the original post .

Yeah well you have the power at your little finger. Do your job about the one that causes all this bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Its just been proven to you Mod's again where the root of the problem is. I dont think it can be spelled out any clearer for ya!

I will say that gun and ammo sales from smaller guns and ammo stores in and around Rochester may be in big trouble for another reason (in addition to Andy's safe act). We now have a real big-box outdoor store that is actually serious about selling stuff, and another one coming soon (Bass-Pro) in Victor. Take Andy's BS and the new heavy-duty competition, and it has to be getting pretty ugly for the smaller independent shops.

What I worry about is losing some of the good gunsmiths that rely on gun and ammo sales to supplement their businesses.

I will say that gun and ammo sales from smaller guns and ammo stores in and around Rochester may be in big trouble for another reason (in addition to Andy's safe act). We now have a real big-box outdoor store that is actually serious about selling stuff, and another one coming soon (Bass-Pro) in Victor. Take Andy's BS and the new heavy-duty competition, and it has to be getting pretty ugly for the smaller independent shops.

What I worry about is losing some of the good gunsmiths that rely on gun and ammo sales to supplement their businesses.

much like what Home Depot and Lowe's did to the local mom and pop hardware stores.......Dick's, Cabela's, Gander Mountain and Bass Pro Shop's used to be far away mail order places....not anymore, you can drive 1/2 an hour and save $100.00. That's mainly why I bought my last gun from a local shop, paid a bit more, but I have no problem with that.

You buy a firearm from a Big Box Store they hand you the box with the firearm in it and send you on your way. The Mom and Pop store would show you the firearm and say come and pick it up the following day ( they too it apart and degreased all of the packing grease out of it ) lightly oiled it and re assembled it. You paid a few dollars more but you could take it out in 0 degree weather, sight it in  and not have it jam up.