EPA's Wood-Burning Stove Ban Has Chilling Consequences For Many Rural People

HectorBuckBuster

Why would the leaders of this Leftist EPA push an agenda that supports big oil? They hate big oil and are doing everything they can to put them all out of business.

Not to mention I tried explaining to you that almost all major legislation had come with republican lead congress and presidents. Do a little research and you shall be enlightened.

Not to mention I tried explaining to you that almost all major legislation had come with republican lead congress and presidents. Do a little research and you shall be enlightened.

According to the EPA website, it proposed these new wood stove regs in January 2014.  Democrats controlled Congress then.

The first draft proposal was done in March 2013.  Democrats were in control.

All of the states suing the EPA to have it also include wood fired water heaters are blue states with Democrats in control.

The EPA's rules generally plague the American business community, which tends to support Republican candidates who generally oppose EPA mandates that harm the economy and businesses.

It's the Democrats and the Left that are pushing the global warming agenda, not Republicans and the right.

The Clean Air Act was passed in 1970.  The 91st Congress in control in 1970 had Democrat Majorities in each house.

An entire slew of environment regulating acts were passed throughout 1970 under this Democrat controlled Congress.

I've done a lot of research over the years on the EPA and have only been enlightened to the fact that it grows in power and scope when Democrats are in power and usually gets major funding cuts when Republicans are in power.  The GOP is always criticizing the EPA for harming the economy while the Democrats are always defending and running interference for it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/09/epa-republican-war-defund_n_1000664.html

I don't know where you get your info from, but it seems someone is taking you for a long ride.

Edited by Mr VJP

Here's a whole book on the history of American Environmental Regulation you can read.  It's the Democrats that push environmental regs through, and they've been doing it since 1970.

https://books.google.com/books?id=NUZ1AwAAQBAJ&pg=PT187&lpg=PT187&dq=is+the+epa+generally+democrat+or+republican&source=bl&ots=kavKGeCe0u&sig=P0AdnfgGFI093BSc1eN8u2K5VlE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ncDWVJSoJsWigwT4v4CwAQ&ved=0CCgQ6AEwAjgK#v=onepage&q&f=false

Not even a little bit true.. someone else needs to redo his research to re-enlighten himself. I'd love to see the research you are talking about. I can't find it anywhere.

• Like 2

What about fire places?? The day  they tell me that I can't have a fire on a -0 winter day is the day I burn old tires and dead baby seals in my backyard fire pit. ….If I can find dead baby seals…Maybe I'll just throw some wood on top of the tires, but you get my point….

• Like 1

Belo, I meant that you and Virgy have tinfoil hats because you are worried about global warming and the ozone. (Usually people are saying VJP is in pannick mode.) I can see how it could have been interpreted as the guys worried about uncle sam taking their stove. ADD in full effect!

It won't affect you and I. To deny that it won't affect generations to come is stomping on everything beautiful God gave us and thinking he will be fine with it.

Judging by the responses here it seems most didn't even read the legislation. They're not banning your 1960's freaking stove. Good lord help us.

Not even a little bit true.. someone else needs to redo his research to re-enlighten himself. I'd love to see the research you are talking about. I can't find it anywhere.

RCRA - Gerald Ford

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_Conservation_and_Recovery_Act

GHG Reporting - Bush

Nikon - Clean Air Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, the Environmental Pesticide Control Act, and the Endangered Species Act all became law.

Grant - yellowstone national park
Roosevelet - 4x national park increase

hell, Nikon formed the freaking EPA...

but you're right CERCLA and clean water were under the dems. you win i guess...

I'm thinking you meant to type Nixon, rather than Nikon.

The EPA and it's policy-making mission were at one time a  good and admirable thing. There were very few people against it. Hence it came to be. And they did a terrific job, doing what people wanted and expected them to do.

The stated mission hasn't changed, but the agenda that is easily seen with a little scrutiny has changed dramatically. The long-term wants of a few are being legislated to take precedence over the immediate needs of the many.

You may argue that humanity will be better off in the future because of everything that regulation does today,  I've even been confronted with the argument that the sooner I die the better off the future will be. I countered that argument by asking, "Where will that thinking stop?".

• Like 2

And George Soros will spend over a billion dollars on Democrats, Leftist Think Tanks and various progressive 527's bent on achieving his goal of a new world order.

Philoshop was referring to money given directly to the scientific community by this administration and climate change advocates.

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/political-cartoon/global-temperature-data-falsified-for-years-to-show-warming-cartoon-reveals-why

post-177-0-09177700-1423487824_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 1

The EPA and it's policy-making mission were at one time a  good and admirable thing. There were very few people against it. Hence it came to be. And they did a terrific job, doing what people wanted and expected them to do.

And I have acknowledged that. I was answering several posts blaming liberals and "the left" for ruining this country. When in fact it's their very self that are doing the same by being blind and ignorant.

I will continue to crusade for the Republican party AGAINST the nonsense that gives us a bad name and keeps us out of the white house because of idiotic claims against global warming, evolution, anti-gay etc.

All I know is when I actually see the governments...Hey U.N.  your included...and all the politicians pushing through these feel good laws that effect ...the TAX paying ,WORKING class ppl that keep them afloat.   Well when I see them not flying here there and every where, for their much needed meetings and summits, economic tours, and God help me, campaigns...that can be video cast or comcast what ever it's called...

Then I'll say "Hey it could be something useful"...but THAT isn't EVER likely to happen....When the Government shows me that the military forces with all there old trucks, fume spewing jets and planes have REALLY cleaned up their emissions, well then I'll say "Hey maybe they are on to something"...BUT that isn't likely to happen. Oh and when I don't have to see weeks of out of control wild fires and rich ppls houses burning(because they are living in areas that a baboon could tell you they should not be,using sign language) Then I'll say "Hey maybe they are on to something"...BUT..that's NOT likley to happen....

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

The citizens of the US paid 181.5 billion dollars in regulatory costs in 2014. These were provider compliance costs that were passed on to consumers.

In 2014 3541 new rules and regulations, totaling 79,066 pages of print, were made by regulatory agencies such as OSHA, FDA, FCC, EPA, etc.

By contrast the US congress passed 129 new laws in 2014. In other words, non-elected bureaucrats did 27 times as much lawmaking last year as elected officials.

• Like 1

All I know is when I actually see the governments...Hey U.N.  your included...and all the politicians pushing through these feel good laws that effect ...the TAX paying ,WORKING class ppl that keep them afloat.   Well when I see them not flying here there and every where, for their much needed meetings and summits, economic tours, and God help me, campaigns...that can be video cast or comcast what ever it's called...

Then I'll say "Hey it could be something useful"...but THAT isn't EVER likely to happen....When the Government shows me that the military forces with all there old trucks, fume spewing jets and planes have REALLY cleaned up their emissions, well then I'll say "Hey maybe they are on to something"...BUT that isn't likely to happen. Oh and when I don't have to see weeks of out of control wild fires and rich ppls houses burning(because they are living in areas that a baboon could tell you they should not be,using sign language) Then I'll say "Hey maybe they are on to something"...BUT..that's NOT likley to happen....

You might be surprised in the corporate world how many telepresense meetings we actually do have. I don't expect you to know this of course, you're just following others and spouting off about something you don't know about. Now if you can tell me you've working in leadership in the corporate or in any capacity on a campaign trail i will gladly apologize.

Most conferences we have are because of presentations by speakers to a large group. I was in Cincinnati last week for one. First snow I've seen all year :). Just doesn't work remotely. In fact, we get the most done at dinner. Building relationships and connections over some drinks. A look in the eye and a handshake go a long way and can't be done virtually.

Belo the ONLY one spouting off here is you...for one thing your reading comprehention seems to be lacking ...for please tell me...where in that opinion did I mention the corporate world? I also do not have to work on a campaign trail to know the amount of emissions that the buses, jets , and private vehicles, used to tour the country side, produce and may I add for  no good reason...that can all be done over the air waves...That second quote really says it all.......What a piece of work

the corporate world

we get the most done at dinner. Building relationships and connections over some drinks.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1