EPA's Wood-Burning Stove Ban Has Chilling Consequences For Many Rural People

HectorBuckBuster

You just proved my point, but again because of your lack of experience you don't understand the importance of face to face relationship building.  So no, you cannot do that over the airways. If you or VJP would at least enlighten me to your profession I could at least understand who I'm debating with. It's your OPINION that there is no good reason behind them. There is no scientific fact behind your post. Debating the ozone layer and global warming at least has some science and fact behind it. This board is so full of sheltered views it's scary. Many of you have never moved out of the area you grew up in, let alone maybe the town or even traveled abroad. How can you have opinions like that without ever even seeing or experiencing the world? Some airline and bus travel actually have lower carbon footprints than your car. But crap, here I go with facts again.

Table.jpg

Edited by Belo

I think that growalot was talking about the Al Gore type hypocrites who talk down their noses to people, about their "carbon footprint" while they do little or nothing to reduce theirs, or rationalize their excessive "carbon footprint".

Problem is that the pro global warming, save the planet people get their facts from like minded sources while the anti  global warming, save the planet people seem to do the same. 

People considered to be important have different rights and privileges. They maintain  those special rights and privileges by being important enough to have a say about how to keep the rest of us from having those rights and privileges.

Chicken vs egg conundrum.

But it's always for the public good, so there is really no need for mere mortals to even think about these issues. Just shut up and do as they say and everything will be fine, because they're important and they really do know what's best for everyone.

post-4931-0-15873000-1423512930_thumb.jp

• Like 1

People considered to be important have different rights and privileges. They maintain  those special rights and privileges by being important enough to have a say about how to keep the rest of us from having those rights and privileges.

Chicken vs egg conundrum.

But it's always for the public good, so there is really no need for mere mortals to even think about these issues. Just shut up and do as they say and everything will be fine, because they're important and they really do know what's best for everyone.

attachicon.gifayn-rand-quotes-hd-wallpaper-19-660x330.jpg

People considered to be important BY WHO… is the whole problem. Pin headed actors, musicians, politicians  and good test takers are, for some reason, touted out by the media and  held in much higher regard than the average working class person. 

• Like 2

Thanks for proving my point with your little graph...for when you take the last three..you'll notice that that is what makes up most of their travel...but you are still want to throw around your assumptions on what other people have experienced...The thing about that is, as far as I'm concerned...it's OK. For the comments made to you over these posts of yours by other members, shows me that they as I, see from where your veiws spring.

Ants...  your are partially correct in how you viewed that post :victory:

Think I'll head up to camp and burn some seasoned cherry, grill a steak,sit and watch the embers while sipping wine, and kiss my arse EPA...

Like this, I just filled up my outside wood boiler with Seasoned Cherry wood, Grilled a NY strip stake on my BBQ and I am sipping a glass of NYS wine , Hell why no it's my birthday And second the Kiss My ARSE EPA.

No one is going to come to my house and take my wood stove. That's not part of the deal.

But when my wood stove needs to be replaced for whatever reason, sometime in the future, I won't have the option to buy a relatively inexpensive stove that will meet my needs. I will be forced to buy a relatively expensive stove that may or may not meet my needs, or simply give in to the way other people heat their homes.

I would just like to have the option to purchase the wood stove that is best for me when that time comes. The EPA is trying to take that option away from me because there are several groups of people who would prefer that no one have a wood stove at all.

• Like 2

It does have a big impact on new homes that want a stove, as well as any homeowner who decides they want to put one in, having never had one in the past.

This goes on top of recent regulations defining what type of hot water heater you can now put in your home as well.  If you need a new one, it will cost much more and be a lot bigger.  Some of the new ones don't fit where the old one was.

Remember the new light bulb mandate?  Regulation is getting highly irregular.

• Like 1

People considered to be important BY WHO… is the whole problem. Pin headed actors, musicians, politicians and good test takers are, for some reason, touted out by the media and held in much higher regard than the average working class person.

I agree with you a thousand times over about celebrities. Not sure why you're going after "good test takers". Most of "them" are just smart or work really hard.

Thanks for proving my point with your little graph...for when you take the last three..you'll notice that that is what makes up most of their travel...but you are still want to throw around your assumptions on what other people have experienced...The thing about that is, as far as I'm concerned...it's OK. For the comments made to you over these posts of yours by other members, shows me that they as I, see from where your veiws spring.

Ants... your are partially correct in how you viewed that post :victory:

I'm not sure why I'm compelled to respond to you when you continue to not answer my question, but for 8 years I've worked for 2 separate companies and each year have lead projects to reduce our emissions. The amount of stuff big factories put into the air is extraordinary. In many cases the government realizes they have to allow some emissions. So yes, I fly in planes across country and to other countries to have meetings. But I also have goals every year to reduce waste, and air emissions. So I sleep just fine at night knowing what I do for the environment.

I believe this thread has run its course.

Yes it has ......for obviously you never actually read my original post...for you insist on referencing big business and not governmental emissions..and you apparently have a need to insert your personal business affairs as well....I now believe your " handle" is near perfect...for the spelling should be " Bellow "

• Like 1

Ants...  your are partially correct in how you viewed that post :victory:

I think this has more to do with his age than anything... remember how much more we knew about everything when we were 30 years old...  I remember myself being the smartest man in the world back then... as I grew older my elders began seeming much smarter. LOL

• Like 2

I agree with you a thousand times over about celebrities. Not sure why you're going after "good test takers". Most of "them" are just smart or work really hard.

By " good test takers" I mean people who can study the subject matter of a given field, then ace a test  on what they have studied, earn a degree in it,  and then some how automatically be considered an expert in the entire field. I think we all know people like that.  I know several. Would you automatically let  someone tell you how to raise your kid just because that person holds a Masters Degree in child psychology?   Eggheads  can be  a benefit to us dumb asses but a lot of times it don't mean shnit in the real world…...

I wonder how many of the 3% of scientists that deny climate change (caused by human activity) are on the Koch brothers' payroll?

Natural climate change occurs over several 1000s of years, not a few decades.

Hardly any galciers in Glacier National Park, polar ice meting @ record rates, unusually warm winters in Alaska & Siberia? All, of these are just coincidence?

That being said, I think wood stove are not a signicant contributor as long as everyone, including city dwellers, doesn't  start using them.

I do support local ordinances banning outdoor boilers when they impact neighbors. Most do not have tall enough chimneys to create sufficeint draft to put the smoke very far above ground level. Any regulations on wood stoves should take local population densities into account.

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1

Like this, I just filled up my outside wood boiler with Seasoned Cherry wood, Grilled a NY strip stake on my BBQ and I am sipping a glass of NYS wine , Hell why no it's my birthday And second the Kiss My ARSE EPA.

Well...happy birthday...clink glasses.

I think this has more to do with his age than anything... remember how much more we knew about everything when we were 30 years old... I remember myself being the smartest man in the world back then... as I grew older my elders began seeming much smarter. LOL

Good lord how many times are you going to play the age card? With age comes experience. It does not mean you're smarter or better educated than me. We're not talking street smarts or life lessons. We're talking science. You're debating the very subject for which I went to school for, and at the tender age of 31 hold a senior leadership position in.

I believe you know stuff about websites, I'd take your opinion on website design more over the average Joe. There is a lawyer or 2 here. I would hold their opinion on law higher than others. We have mechanics on this site. I hold merit in their opinion on cars. Do you see where I'm going here?

Sorry if I get fired up when someone like Grow calls me out without even the ability to use the proper version of "you're". I said I was done but I won't stand discrimination of my knowledge of the environment based on my age.

Edited by Belo