Add a saying , phrase, or quote.

hunter49

“The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected. Even when the revolutionist might himself repent of his revolution, the traditionalist is already defending it as part of his tradition. Thus we have two great types -- the advanced person who rushes us into ruin, and the retrospective person who admires the ruins. He admires them especially by moonlight, not to say moonshine. Each new blunder of the progressive or prig becomes instantly a legend of immemorial antiquity for the snob. This is called the balance, or mutual check, in our Constitution.”

G.K. Chesterton

" The French don't care what they DO, actually, as long as they PRONOUNCE it correctly"....Dr Henry Hill, from "My Fair Lady"...

Living so close to Quebec we get a lot of exposure to 'French Canadians". My wife works part time retail & they come over in droves.

BTW: Did you know that until recently, the legal age of consent in Quebec was 14 years old?

Its Valentines Day people.

Said the Fish to the Ocean:
'You can’t see my tears because I’m in the water.'
The Ocean replied to the fish:
'I feel your tears because you’re in my heart.'

Edited by Elmo