Got my booner back !

TreeGuy

Just FYI, the minimum typical whitetail score to be in the Boone and Crockett Club is 160". Don't take that the wrong way though. It's a fantastic buck regardless. Congrats.

125 for bow gets you in the book FYI.

160" is for gun and 170" is what they call "all-time"

Don't ruin this guys glory.

right off the page you just linked:

"...trophies that meet the Awards minimum but not the All-Time minimum will be listed in the Awards book. Trophies that meet the All-Time minimum will be listed in both the Awards book, as well as "Records of North American Big Game."

160" makes the book.  170" is what they call "all-time" and that is an entirely seperate book.

And, for bow hunters, we use Pope & Young and trophies are listed at 125" with a bow.  That 160" is for a gun hunter.  So his deer IS a record book animal and WILL be listed in the record book (not just an award).

Reading comprehension eludes you.

If the deer made 160 net it would get and award, what is the award? The award is that it is listed in the awards book. At the end  of the award period the record record book is published, its takes net score of 170 to make into the record book. Hence when I walk over to my book case and pick the say the 23rd edition and look under typical whitetail deer....they start at 170

• Like 1

At this point ( if you haven't already figured it out ) I'm more impressed with my deer since I hunted him hard and watched him grow for 6.5 years. The encounters, the trail cam pics, but most importantly every year being able to close my eyes and picture him, talking with my hunting partners and imagining holding " the vamp's " antlers in my hands. I stood over him for almost an hour before I took a knife to him. I could really give 2 dumps what the # of inches on his head. I've got more history with him than he has inches. I don't think anybody is piss in on my post, but I did make the mistake of saying booner when it's pope n young. I don't care about the mistakes, cause at the end of the day, THE VAMP is in my living room, and will be forever.

• Like 4

And another thing about how I feel with the numbers game.... who cares his antler score... he was 6.5 years old !!!!! How many people with that award or name in the book have shot 6.5 year Olds ??? I would be curious to know, even with the nysbbc... I'll bet that would jump me up that list !

• Like 3