Another mass shooting...

GR HUNTER

I'm glad to see the debate about the Confederate battle flag. It was claimed by racists as their symbol a long time ago.

I don't see a debate. I see one sided calls for it's memory-holing. Just another angle in the racially charged baiting we see in the'regular' news

Edited by Papist

I don't see a debate. I see one sided calls for it's memory-holing. Just another angle in the racially charged baiting we see in the'regular' news

There is much you don't see and quite a lot you imagine you see.

Even if the confederate battle flag (the one which has become most widely known) did not represent slavery, oppression, treason and armed rebellion, why would you allow the flag of a vanquished rebel army to fly over the land that blood and treasure was spent to secure? What if we fought ISIS and won but then let them fly that black flag because a number of them pined for the old days when ISIS was in control? The south lost, isn't the flag flying over southern government buildings an insult to all the northern soldiers who died? Take the friggin flag down and put it in a museum or fly it at home (so we all know where you stand) but it has no place on ANY government building.

Deny you know what the Battle Flag of the Confederacy stands for but when German Neo-Nazi's could not use the Nazi Swastika flag because it is illegal to display that flag in Germany they turned to the Battle Flag of the Confederacy as a substitute. They know what that flag stands for even if you don't or choose not to "see" what it stands for.

Back in the 90s I had a skilled machinist come in for a job interview wearing a hat with the CBF on it. He was unacceptable for other reasons which leaves me wondering if he had been a good candidate, what decision would I have made regarding hiring him. Would I be a bigot for not hiring a bigot? Would I be intolerant for not hiring someone intolerant? So, even if we give him the benefit of the doubt and say he wasn't a racist. He was still totally tone deaf.

When I told the company owner what happened, his question to me was: What if the interviewer was black?

I find it quite interesting that there has been such a quick change in ideology by so many conservatives on the confederate flag issue after this shooting.  Wasn't this issue so near and dear to so many conservative hearts down there??  Seems like most all of the southern states are now pushing to pull these flags down.   Reality is starting to sink in I guess?  The republicans know damned well that this issue would seriously hurt them in the next presidential election, so now they are starting to sing a different tune.  Just shows you how politics works and how quickly politicians can start pushing for something they didn't push for before.   Just as I predicted in another thread that some serious national gun control measures would finally come to fruition with the next republican president along with one or more of these mass type shootings.  Let this confederate flag issue be an example for those who doubt it.  Just watch and see what happens.

Man waves ISIS-flag on college campus and nobody cares

Ami Horowitz produced a video that shows him waving an ISIS flag on the campus and nobody cares or says a word about it. Yes, the same ISIS that has killed thousands of people and beheaded Americans.

http://conservativepost.com/man-waves-isis-flag-on-college-campus-and-nobody-cares-then-he-pulls-out-another-flag-and/

Edited by Papist

I certainly don't care. 

Lets see if we can dispel some of the cognitive dissonance that seems to be in vogue round these here parts. Some of you have welcomed the 'debate' surrounding a 'racist' flag. Now apart from the practical implausibility of a thing being racist, I wonder if the self same folk would also welcome a debate about dissolving the Democratic party due to it's previous racist behavior? I suspect that would a leap of logic too far.

Did you know the KKK was created by Democrats?

Numerous leftists are attacking the flag in the aftermath of the Charleston, S.C. shooting, such as CNN legal analyst Sunny Hostin who claims the Confederate flag “represents terror and intimidation of African-Americans in that state” and President Obama who believes the flag “belongs in a museum.”

Lost in the debate, however, is the fact that the Ku Klux Klan was created as a terroristic force serving the interests of the Democratic Party and those who desired the restoration of so-called “white supremacy.”

“Founded in 1866 as a Tennessee social club, the Ku Klux Klan spread into nearly every Southern state, launching a ‘reign of terror‘ against Republican leaders black and white,” noted historian Eric Foner wrote in his book Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/rebel-flag-controversy-why-not-just-ban-democratic-party-for-its-links-to-racism.html/print/

Edited by Papist

The flag debate strikes me as particularly ironic.  Lately we have seen instances of people protesting the American flag by stomping it into the ground, yet the Left has no problem with that.  Today I even read an article about a college professor who wants to ban the AMERICAN flag, because it's a racist symbol.

I find people who find the Confederate flag offensive, while ignoring disrespect of the American flag, to be a special kind of stupid.

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 1

The flag debate strikes me as particularly ironic. Lately we have seen instances of people protesting the American flag by stomping it into the ground, yet the Left has no problem with that. Today I even read an article about a college professor who wants to ban the AMERICAN flag, because it's a racist symbol.

I find people who find the Confederate flag offensive, while ignoring disrespect of the American flag, to be a special kind of stupid.

I've had several arguments online about ppl stomping the American Flag. If u truly hate this country, renounce your citizenship, move to another country, then tell me how bad the USA is.
  • Like 3

Obama And Hillary Both Had No Problem Using Confederate Flag During Presidential Campaigns

obama-confederate-flag-pin.jpg

, Obama had his own Confederate flag campaign badge, which states “Where the confederate flag still flies, we have built a powerful coalition of African Americans and white Americans.”

The quote was taken from Obama’s racially heated speech in 2008, during which he also praised his mentor former pastor the controversial Reverend Wright.

Obama was not alone in using the symbol of the Confederate flag, synonymous with the South, to solicit political support.

Hillary clinton had her own brand of Confederate merchandise in 2008.

hillary-alabama-pin.jpg

I am pretty tired of "outrage" with inanimate objects like guns and flags when the focus should be on evil. Taking a flag away won't make anyone less racist. Passing a new gun law won't stop the criminals from getting one. Maybe I was out of school the day it was covered, but what Amendment to the Constitution guarantees the right not to be offended?  We are PC'ing our country right down the drain.

• Like 2

I haven't heard anyone claim that the flag was responsible for the shooting.  And, as far as I know, nobody has suggested banning the flag altogether.  But, removing the flag from government buildings removes the perception that the state endorses what that flag represents.  If you want to display the flag at home, that should be your right to do so.  I think that removing the flag from government buildings is a good thing.

I haven't heard anyone claim that the flag was responsible for the shooting.  And, as far as I know, nobody has suggested banning the flag altogether.  But, removing the flag from government buildings removes the perception that the state endorses what that flag represents.  If you want to display the flag at home, that should be your right to do so.  I think that removing the flag from government buildings is a good thing.

I was talking more about the flag catching the flack and even merchants dropping the flag due to public pressure. Virgil., your comment about what the flag represents is really what is at issue here. based on your comments I understand what it represents to you. It may not be the same for others. There are people in this county that have very strong feelings about what the US flag "represents" Should we take that down to avoid offending them?   Should the Betsy Ross flag or the Star Spangled Banner be banned since slavery was so prevalent and not opposed by the US at that time? 

• Like 2

It's curious that the 'Arkansas Travelers' would mispell their own name on their own promotional materials as displayed in post #64.

Doesn't surprise me actually.  Not much that Papist and VJP cut and paste to their posts here is written by people who are very bright, so this is to be expected.

Got to give Papist and VJP a lot of credit, though.  They do their damndest to find irrelevant articles, links and pics to post here to support their nonsense.  Even if they have to pull it out of their butts, you can be sure they'll find some sort of drivel.  Unbelievable! 

• Like 1

75967545_copjvo8a.jpg

If we just get rid of all flags, than we can be done with this whole notion of what a flag may or may not stand for, depending on who has appropriated it, or what people feel things may or may not represent. Then we will be one step closer toward eradicating offense from society for good.....or not.

Edited by Papist

Doesn't surprise me actually.  Not much that Papist and VJP cut and paste to their posts here is written by people who are very bright, so this is to be expected.

Got to give Papist and VJP a lot of credit, though.  They do their damndest to find irrelevant articles, links and pics to post here to support their nonsense.  Even if they have to pull it out of their butts, you can be sure they'll find some sort of drivel.  Unbelievable! 

I take it then you missed the entire  point. Good. You and Espresso can take the table at the back of the class-room from here on out.

Culver, my comments didn't address what the flag represents- just that the State is endorsing what it represents by displaying the flag at government buildings.  You can debate what it represents if you want to.  But, if we're being honest, I think we all know what it represents.

I take it then you missed the entire  point. Good. You and Espresso can take the table at the back of the class-room from here on out.

What are your points???  In one post you said that democrats started the KKK.   Do you know that most ALL southern white democrats abandoned the party and then became republicans during the 70's?  Majority of their offspring are still republican today.

VJP brings up one stupid college professor who is somehow offended with the American flag?  What does ONE stupid professor compare to maybe millions who think that the confederate flag shouldn't fly on top of southern state capitol buildings?

You two continue to twist and turn totally irrelevant BS to try to make points.  I can assure you both that it's not working.  It's only making you two look more paranoid and ridiculous with every post you make.