Mounts are up....

Grizz1219

Finally got them where I want them..... these aren't all of them but it's got the ones from last years trip... 

First should be the huge blue wildebeest I took...

Second one from left to right is Gemsbok (2012), Springbuck (2012), wife's red hartabeest, wife's impala and my black wildebeest

Third pic is the Kudu pedestal mount...  has the back skin in the base...

post-743-0-39813100-1438778070_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-75433600-1438778084_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-37555000-1438778096_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Good stuff.....

That Blue Wildebeest is a monster.

Just for folks who may not know much about them, a trophy starts getting interest when the outside bow of the horns is starting to just go over the tip of the ears......This one is well past.

I have euro of a old bull I took with heavy and fairly wide horns, some mistake as a young Buffalo; the one Grizz has is a cranker.

• Like 1

Never been one to hunt the big cats..... I would like to go back though... I've tried twice for a Bushbuck and warthog... Just can't find a mature one of either... Would also like to take an Nyala, waterbuck and a Lechwe.... But we shall see how funds are... LOL

Thanks for all the kind words.... 

Good stuff.....

That Blue Wildebeest is a monster.

Just for folks who may not know much about them, a trophy starts getting interest when the outside bow of the horns is starting to just go over the tip of the ears......This one is well past.

I have euro of a old bull I took with heavy and fairly wide horns, some mistake as a young Buffalo; the one Grizz has is a cranker.

thanks.... We were actually looking for a 24-25" impala, stalking in some thick stuff... The impala was hanging in the same area as these 2 Wildebeest bulls were... stalked up on the 2 bulls, got within 40 yards... looking for the impala, all of a sudden this bull stands up and I remember thinking "there weren't 3?"... when my PH turns and looks at me and mouths "Shoot that one now"... I bring up the T/C and BOOM!!! The 338 barked and this bulls butt hit the back of his head as he nosed dived into the ground.... As we move to the side to get a better angle my PH yells "Load another round, they don't go down like that!"... I pop another round in the gun and as we get closer... we see the bull's head is still under him... I remember thinking "they" might not go down like that but HE did... LOL... He was done.. PH was jumping up and down... hooting and hollering... I had no idea just how big he was.... He tells me stay here.. I'm going to the truck to get a tape measure... He came back and measured him at 31.5" wide... Started jumping up and down again... I had to hold the tape while he took pics to show other PH's that it was a true 31.5" wide... 

• Like 1