Chicken of the woods

Enjoy,,,, I wouldn't eat that thang as delicious as it looks!

Only orange stuff going down my hatch are shaped like carrots,lol

Other orange stuff that goes down my hatch are oranges and (unfortunately these days), Metamucil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, wild mushrooms scare me to death. I don't know one from the other, and having read about an entire family that thought they knew edible mushrooms from poisonous ones (but didn't), I am not ready to let some picture in a book make the decision for me either. Too many look-alikes out there. I love mushrooms on my steaks, but I want those mushrooms to come from some bonafide supplier that will guarantee that he's not feeding me poison.....lol.

You are lucky indeed to find a chicken-of-the-woods! They are delicious. I like them in casseroles with some special pastas. We are fortunate indeed to have many delectable fungi and mushrooms in Western NY. We start our with morels in gobbler season, and right on through into the fall with different flushes and varieties. Just remember the old expression, "There are old mushroom hunters and bold mushroom hunters, but no old, bold mushroom hunters." Bona petite!

I found a huge bunch of those the other day...we have shrooms every where but I'm just too frightened of them...unless I find a giant puff ball then I will cook it up. found a small patch of morels a year or two ago but left them to multiply...lol never found them again.

• 2 weeks later...