Gun shops in Rochester

Caveman

Hey all, I just moved to Rochester from the Buffalo area last week.  I'm in the market for a used rifle and told a buddy I'd keep an eye out for a few items on his list.  I'm having really bad luck separating the good from the bad on Google.  Can anyone in the area point me in the direction of a few good shops in the area?  

Oh I'm sure you'll get plenty of good info.from the folks here.

What are you looking for in a rifle?  I know people.................... :}

Looking for a pre-Remington Marlin 336C in .30-30.  I've finally decided I can't call myself a Northeastern deer hunter if I don't have a lever gun in my safe.  

Looking for a pre-Remington Marlin 336C in .30-30.  I've finally decided I can't call myself a Northeastern deer hunter if I don't have a lever gun in my safe.  

Borrow one and hunt with it for a year. 

Give it back then buy a bolt action.................... :rofl:

That 'ought a ruffle some feathers. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Avon gun is about 45 minutes from downtown, South of Rochester. Small shop, and limited inventory but can order anything, very knowledgeable old school vet owns the shop.

Beikirchs is a large shop, good knowledable salesmen with a lot of instock options.15 minutes East of down town.

Both are good options

• Like 1

Avon gun is about 45 minutes from downtown, South of Rochester. Small shop, and limited inventory but can order anything, very knowledgeable old school vet owns the shop.

Beikirchs is a large shop, good knowledable salesmen with a lot of instock options.15 minutes East of down town.

Both are good options

Avon is only 25 to 30 mins from downtown unless you are going some crazy long route lol.

• Like 2

I listed 3 different shops with phone numbers . If you know what you want , call first and save the driving .

Where in GODS name is the fun in that? 

A guy looking for some used iron will roll the dice and see what is on the shelf, 20, 30, 100 miles it don't matter!

.............who knows, maybe he'll spot a nice bolt action.  :)

Victor Pro Gun had a lot of new levers in stock last time I was there.  I bought my Henry there but they had marlins.  They also have a pretty good selection of used rifles.  Worth a look.

Sorry to break it to you, Moog, but according to the interwebs Pro Gun in Victor closed up shop back in April.  Is it the one on NY-96 you were talking about, or is there another location?

That's the one.  Didn't realize that.  They always seemed busy.

From what I read on another forum, the owner was in poor health and looking to retire.  He made sure to emphasize that it wasn't for lack of business or a protest to the SAFE Act like when Jackson's closed. 

Speaking of Gun Shops , I sure do miss the AppleTown Gun Shop that used to be in Williamson . The owner died , the shop closed up and they got rid of everything . It was a nice shop .

You & me both! Was less than 2mi from where I live, really convenient! Old dude (Don DeMay..?) would talk your ear off if you mentioned MLs. Super nice guy and his wife too, who also worked there w/the paperwork end of the business!

Sorry for digressing, back to our regularly scheduled program...!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...