Big Suffolk County buck

Chadro

Yeah he's real. He's one of the biggest I've ever seen, but where he is would be a pain to hunt due to the houses in the area. My girlfriend almost hit him while driving one day. He hangs out with a large non-typical and a small 8, but the pics of them aren't great.

Saw a cell phone pic of this big guy in a friends yard in Suffolk, did a little scouting and set up my trail cam. If I get a chance at this monster I might just fall outta my stand.

ABC58A39-3428-4F96-861A-4146A0458741_zps

CB1063AF-FB6E-4437-92DA-1A3F45F2139B_zps

AE75E350-FBF0-42F2-8BB8-5733F6D58E31_zps

Now we are talking....This is what time will do for ya. Let em go and let em grow and this is what ya get in return!  I hope you drop a dime on this dude......

Now we are talking....This is what time will do for ya. Let em go and let em grow and this is what ya get in return! I hope you drop a dime on this dude......

You're an idiot if you think someone on LI let this buck grow out of choice. Many parts of LI is hard to hunt due to houses, just like the OP said in his post.

Oh wait, nvm, your previous posts on snitching and taking things into your own hands would imply you have no regards for the law, so I suppose the no discharge law of 500' prior wouldn't apply to you.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

One thing for sure, he isn't one of FSW bucks since he seems to be in a "low" fence enclosure.  LOL  

I agreed with FSW once today, so now we can get back to normal. LOL

Thats for sure buddy...You know my yearlings are bigger than that dude...  As far as the dipstick on post #8..Like it really matters how and where that buck got as big as he is..Time got him where he is today. He didnt get shot as a baby....You know about those right?

That is a stud for sure and just what most all whitetail bucks would look like if left to grow long enough.  Many will never know the feeling of shooting a true whitetail stud but if the Op gets his hands on this one he will know the feeling. I hope its in early/mid November with a huge swollen neck and steam coming out of those nostrils!!

that'd be cool but I doubt he'd leave the safety of the neighborhood or small unhuntable section of cover.  my best spots bordered unhuntable cover.  many times they were a small wood lot behind a business.  easier for setback rules, among other things, versus residential neighborhoods.  if they sell something go in buy a handful of stuff you know you might use and then ask to speak to the manager or owner.  sometimes they don't even care.  other times they'll let you park your car.  set back changes have made it easier I think.  always bring a regular set of closes and wipes to clean up for recovery.  walking into a business in plain clothes to recover a buck that's laying dead out back is much better then walking in with boots and full camo and face paint.  if youre looking like Duck Dynasty making customers or employees uneasy or distracted it'll only make the owner or manager unhappy with you from the start.

...awesome buck.

Edited by dbHunterNY

That's an amazing buck for sure. It is hard to age him. He doesn't appear to have swayed back and his nose doesn't appear to have too much of a roman characteristic. I'm guessing 4.5 yrs. old. That's a fine whitetail for sure.  That one picture states its 7:41 AM if that's the case there would be car wrecks up here from people rubber necking at that giant. 

That's an amazing buck for sure. It is hard to age him. He doesn't appear to have swayed back and his nose doesn't appear to have too much of a roman characteristic. I'm guessing 4.5 yrs. old. That's a fine whitetail for sure. That one picture states its 7:41 AM if that's the case there would be car wrecks up here from people rubber necking at that giant.

In this area that deer could very well be 2.5 or 3.5.They grow big pretty quick around here.

• Like 1

Yeah he's real. He's one of the biggest I've ever seen, but where he is would be a pain to hunt due to the houses in the area. My girlfriend almost hit him while driving one day. He hangs out with a large non-typical and a small 8, but the pics of them aren't great.

Just a friendly suggestion: I would not post pics of this deer until he's dead on the ground.One person sees the pic-sends it to his buddy-who then sends it to his buddy-that guy spreads it around-someone recognizes the fence in the pic-gut pile on the neighbors lawn-deer shows up in the taxidermy shop-you are wondering wtf.

I'ts happened around here before-it will happen again.Doesn't matter if it is living in Mrs. Snufallufagus's backyard.If someone wants it-it will disappear.I have seen it first hand. Delete the pics

• Like 2

Just a friendly suggestion: I would not post pics of this deer until he's dead on the ground.One person sees the pic-sends it to his buddy-who then sends it to his buddy-that guy spreads it around-someone recognizes the fence in the pic-gut pile on the neighbors lawn-deer shows up in the taxidermy shop-you are wondering wtf.

I'ts happened around here before-it will happen again.Doesn't matter if it is living in Mrs. Snufallufagus's backyard.If someone wants it-it will disappear.I have seen it first hand. Delete the pics

yup, someone had posted a deer that lived in a sump in Suffolk awhile back and I figured out where in no time....it's an unhuntable area (at least as far as I was concerned) so it didn't matter, but you're exactly right. 

That's excellent advice. People loose all self control when the see a rack like that. Long Island is filled with trespassing scum.

yup, someone had posted a deer that lived in a sump in Suffolk awhile back and I figured out where in no time....it's an unhuntable area (at least as far as I was concerned) so it didn't matter, but you're exactly right.

NO area around here is unhuntable.Lots of people would be surprised where some recent "magazine deer" have REALLY been killed around here-and no I'm not talking out my ass.I know and have seen the facts.

Antlers make people do strange things for praise and glory.

• Like 2