Arrow cutting

BigGuyNY

I made a jig just an L shape piece of wood that you can roll the arrow on.  I take my roto zip and clamp it down onto my work bench and then position the piece of wood (jig) to where I want to cut it and zip away.  It works real well and you get clean cuts.  I will try to take pics tonight for ya.

• Like 1

There are tons of forums and theads over at Archerytalk, and some on Texasbowhunter.com

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?s=74c5511866de47401063f26f01ebd2a0&t=551076

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2405577&highlight=arrow+saw

The one from archerytalk, uses a small harbor freight chop saw....I've seen lots of these using this saw.  I've been thinking of making one, but just havent committed to it yet.

Here is my arrow jig.  Super simple Take the dremel and secure it to your bench top with a GOOD cutting tool attached. Then I take the jig and align it just so a tiny portion of the cutting wheel is over the lip of the L.  Then you just mark your arrows where you want to cut them. Slide them into the cutting wheel and then rotate the arrow against the L on the jig.  It works great and you get a very even cut every time. Let me know if you want more pics this was just a quick one to get you an idea.

post-373-0-88069000-1443097141_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I bought an arrow cutting saw years ago. It wasn't cheap. But considering the hundreds of arrows that I have built over the 20 or 30  years that I owned the thing, that cost was absorbed a long, long, time ago and probably has amortized out to be one of the cheaper pieces of archery equipment that I ever bought.

• Like 1

One thing you may want to consider cutting the carbon fiber arrows is to wrap the area your cutting in tape so as to prevent the ends from flaking off keeping the cut as clean as possible. It's brittle stuff you can muck up an expensive arrow real quick. This is assuming your using a bladed tool to cut your arrows.

• Like 1

If you arent going to do this often it would be easier to just pay a shop $1.50 a shaft to cut and glue your inserts. If you are... I would recommend buying an actual arrow saw, you can get them for around $100. The last thing you want is unsquare arrows, good luck spin testing those

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I have one of the Arrow Squaring Tools and it works fine . I cut my own so I know what I have and have cut arrows for a couple others . 

http://www.cabelas.com/product/G-Arrow-Squaring-Device/746126.uts?productVariantId=1617007&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=36-99917159-2&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=40019873&rid=20