2015 HuntingNY Crossbow Harvest Thread

WNYBuckHunter

Post up pics of your 2015 Crossbow deer here!

Only pictures with the associated story will be allowed in this thread. If you want to congratulate someone, please do it by clicking on the "like this" button for the post. There will be no exceptions.

Feel free to start a new thread if you wish to have comments in addition to posting the photo / story here.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

post-2073-0-80720900-1447377116_thumb.jp

sorry for the sideways photo.....11/10/15, PSE Fang, Rage Broadhead, 20 yard shot....10 yard tracking job. Oh, and before I shot her, she was being chased around by a buck about 100 yards away....I stayed in stand for a little longer hoping he would follow, I finally got down and figured I would drag her a ways off before gutting with plans on hunting the area later on, as I was dragging I noticed the buck making his way towards me so I slowly walked back to my stand which was now at the base of the tree and waited....he walked to within 20 yards of me and went to her and stuck around offering me numerous perfect shots.......he was the biggest 4pt I have ever seen, but we have antler restrictions so all I could do was sit and watch...good show none the less.

Edited by jjb4900
  • Like 16

Sat in a stand in between 2 thickets where I keep a shooting ~200 yard shooting lane mowed down. There's several crabapple trees alongside this lane and the bucks have a few scrapes in it also. Hoped I could catch a buck traveling the lane, checking out the bordering thickets.

I saw a big bodied deer step out into the lane ~120 yards away. I grunted twice. He picked his head up to look, then started galloping towards me! He stopped by 3 scrapes on the way to me and put on the best show I've ever witnessed! He looked like a rototiller going at those scrapes! LOL  Dirt, leaves, and grass flying up 5' in the air, lowering his back to rub urinate, and standing on his hind legs to aggressively work the licking branch at every scrape! The way he was galloping directly towards me, I was wondering how I was going to get him to turn broadside! Not gonna lie, the show he was putting on had me shook! LOL

Right after working the scrape at 25 yards, as if right on cue, he turned broadside and posed for me! He went ~100 yards and dropped.

1108150835_zps4u85apml.jpg

1108150834_zpsfdcizygm.jpg

1108150834a_zps5xotskdo.jpg

1108150752_zpsd5yltmkt.jpg

• Like 21

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I had shot a doe around 9 am and stayed in the tree hoping to fill my buck tag. This buck came along and saw the doe and

decided to come to see if she was sleeping or what. When he stuck his nose out to sniff her hind end, he gave me a perfect

heart shot at 22 yards.  I sent a rage hypodermic his way and he ran flat out for 60 yards and fell over.

post-7680-0-41470500-1460258257_thumb.jp

• Like 4