Why we get a bad name as Deer hunters.

First-light

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick tidbit..the olean times herald had an artical of violatiors this yr from dec..3/4 of those peple were over 50..just wanted to point that out for those who believe they are teachers...

I don't think knowing the difference between right and wrong is limited by age. I would have thought folks around as long as those should know better. That stat actually surprises me. Let's hope they didn't have a lot of people that they passed their approach down to.

Just a quick tidbit..the olean times herald had an artical of violatiors this yr from dec..3/4 of those peple were over 50..just wanted to point that out for those who believe they are teachers...

The first part of you sentence may be right but the second part is absurd.

I think that the problem is complacency and being too comfortable in what they think they know.  I guarantee you that 90% of those over 50 haven't looked at a game regulation in over 10 years.  Thus creating the problem by not being up on any changes in regulations, which in turn becomes a violation.

I just try to convey that experience does not=know how..i heard a wise man say..were all animals on a giant spinning rock..prey..eyes on the side..predators..eyes up front..you are born with it or your not..it meaning the ability to hunt..however even a squirell will find a nut..does that mean he is skillfull at it..

I think that the problem is complacency and being too comfortable in what they think they know.  I guarantee you that 90% of those over 50 haven't looked at a game regulation in over 10 years.  Thus creating the problem by not being up on any changes in regulations, which in turn becomes a violation.

I got to give you that one....I think you hit that right on the head. I am my fathers updating tool...lol I read and pass it on. I don't think he would have the opening days right if I didn't tell him.

as much as I hate to admit it, statistically those over 40 are involved in hunting incidents 75 percent of the time.  It is due to getting getting too comfortable.  it is the same with driving accidents.  But I will say this. I m ni ta teacher, but I am a certified ny stare insructor

A couple were loaded gun in vehicle..improper dmps..too many..and tresspassing

Those infractions aren't from being older , those are guys that just don't care and have been doing that since they were younger.. the fact that they are older and slower is just the reason they got caught.

A couple were loaded gun in vehicle..improper dmps..too many..and tresspassing

Those infractions aren't from being older , those are guys that just don't care and have been doing that since they were younger.. the fact that they are older and slower is just the reason they got caught.

And the tresspassing I can understand.....as you guys get over 50 and senile you are bound to get lost and wander around where you don't belong :D:P

as much as I hate to admit it, statistically those over 40 are involved in hunting incidents 75 percent of the time.  It is due to getting getting too comfortable.  it is the same with driving accidents.  But I will say this. I m ni ta teacher, but I am a certified ny stare insructor

Bubba ---- What the hell is a "stare instructor" ????  ??? ... ??? ... ??? .. :P .. :D

Bubba ---- What the hell is a "stare instructor" ??? ?  ??? ... ??? ... ??? .. :) .. ;)

They hold classes outside the fences at nudist colonies

I teach people how to stare at others

I knew what you meant in your post but I couldn't resist . When I saw the "Stare Instructor" instead of State Safety Instructor , I cracked up ........

Hey , I don't know a small moose from a small elk !  ???

dont worry, about the moose thing LOl, we wont tell anyone you dont know what a moose looks like... i like they way you just left it titled moose tho lol.